Transition to Independent Living Education (TILE) Instructor (Part-Time) Fresno City College
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting NumberTitleTransition to Independent Living Education (TILE) Instructor (Part-Time) Fresno City CollegeCampus LocationFresno City CollegeStart Date12/01/2017Essential Functions of Position
The ideal candidate will share Fresno City College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 22,000 students in which 56% are Latinx, 10% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 5% are Black/African American, 22% are White, and 6% are multiracial. FCC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Duties will include:
- Evaluating functional limitations of students’ skills and abilities;
- Developing individualized instruction plans;
- Instructing in prevocational skills;
- Maintaining files and completing reports;
- Leading independent living skills lessons;
- Supervising assistants; and
- Other duties as requested.
Duties may include assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening, weekends, on-line or off campus; and otherwise fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.Minimum Qualifications
- Possession of a master’s degree, OR equivalent foreign degree, in the category of disability, special education, education, psychology, educational psychology, or rehabilitation counseling; AND fifteen semester units of upper division or graduate study in the area of disability, to include but not be limited to:
- Learning disabilities;
- Developmental disabilities;
- Deaf and hearing impaired;
- Physical disabilities; or
- Adapted computer technology.
- Learning disabilities;
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices within the classroom.Desirable Qualifications
- Experience working with students with disabilities;
- Understanding of classroom management strategies;
- Knowledge of informal assessment of behavior and academic skills;
- Knowledge and experience in the development and assessment of student learning outcomes;
- Knowledge and experience in program review and accreditation;
- Commitment to professional growth including demonstrated willingness to improving teaching methodology;
- Knowledge of student success models/orientation programs designed to improve student success and retention;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and re-mediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals; and
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture and $38.67 – $52.55 for lab Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.Additional InformationAdditional Information about the PositionOpen Date12/05/2017Close DateClosing TimeOpen Until FilledYesQuick Linkhttp://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1825Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement and you fail to petition for equivalency, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Professional References
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents
- Letters of Recommendation