Automotive Technology Instructor (Part-Time) Reedley College
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting NumberTitleAutomotive Technology Instructor (Part-Time) Reedley CollegeCampus LocationReedley CollegeStart DateEssential Functions of Position
The ideal candidate will share Reedley College’s commitment to education its racially and socially economically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 10,000 students of which 71% are Latinx, 1% are Filipino, 3% are Asian, 2% are African American, 19% are White, and 3% are multiracial. RC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
The instructor will be responsible for:
- Teaching a basic overview of the automobile and its operating systems;
- Presenting lessons aligned with approved course outlines, topics include, but not limited to:
- Safety, Tools, and Basic Maintenance;
- Engine classifications, Lubrication, Cooling;
- Basic Electrical, Battery, Starting, and Charging systems;
- Engine Performance, Ignition Systems, Fuel Systems, and Emissions;
- Brakes, Steering, Suspension, and Alignment;
- Manual & Automatic Transmissions;
- Heating & Air Conditioning; and
- Automotive Careers.
- Safety, Tools, and Basic Maintenance;
- Maintaining student records, including grades and attendance;
- Hands-on demonstrations with mandatory student participation may include, but not limited to performing measurements with a Micrometer and using a Digital Multi-meter to test resistance;
- Duties may include assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus, and large group instruction classes as needed; and
- Otherwise fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- A bachelor’s degree AND two years of related professional experience.
- An associate degree AND six years of related professional experience;
- A valid California Community College Credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need of equity-minded practices within the classroom.Desirable Qualifications
- Related professional work experience;
- Teaching experience;
- ASE Certifications (A1-A8);
- Smog, Brake and Lamp License;
- Demonstrated computer skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff both orally and written;
- Ability to develop new and current curriculum and focus on student learning outcomes to improve student learning;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized student in the classroom, and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and remediate one’s instructional, practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals;
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture and $38.67 – $52.55 for lab Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.Additional InformationAdditional Information about the PositionOpen Date12/13/2017Close DateClosing TimeOpen Until FilledYesQuick Linkhttp://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1809Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement and you fail to petition for equivalency, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Professional References
- Additional Documents
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Letters of Recommendation