Reading Instructor (Part-Time) Clovis Community College
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting NumberTitleReading Instructor (Part-Time) Clovis Community CollegeCampus LocationClovis Community CollegeStart DateEssential Functions of Position
Include teaching a full range of community college reading courses in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evenings, weekends, or off campus; and communicating effectively with students and staff.Minimum Qualifications
Include an earned master’s degree in education with a specialization in reading or teaching reading; OR bachelor’s degree in any academic discipline and 12 semester units of course work in teaching reading and master’s degree in English, literature, linguistics, applied linguistics, composition, comparative literature, TESL, or psychology; OR a valid California Community College Credential; OR the equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency); AND demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.Desirable Qualifications
Include teaching experience in developmental reading at the secondary or post-secondary level; knowledge of current reading theories, pedagogies, and critical thinking skills; experience working with students of various ages, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds; experience in computer assisted instruction and other instructional technologies; related work and professional experience; knowledge of the On Course principles and teaching practices; and preparation for and interest in teaching community college students.Salary and Benefits
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture and $38.67 – $52.55 for lab Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.
Please note: This position does not have a closing date and applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position(s) is/are filled. By applying for this position, you understand that you will be placed in a continuous pool. If at any time you are no longer interested in this position, please contact us at [email protected] so that we can remove you from the applicant pool.Additional Information
This is a part-time position. Open until filled. Start dates may vary.Additional Information about the PositionOpen Date09/30/2016Close DateClosing TimeOpen Until FilledYesQuick Linkhttp://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1392Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement and you fail to petition for equivalency, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload this assessment in the Optional Documents section. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents
- Letters of Recommendation