Librarian (Part-Time) Reedley College
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting Number Title Librarian (Part-Time) Reedley College Campus Location Reedley College Start Date Essential Functions of Position
Reedley College is seeking a knowledgeable and energetic librarian with a strong commitment to service and to provide public and technical services to students; to participate in library instruction and campus outreach services. Under the direction of Dean of Instruction, the successful candidate will:
Provide on demand reference and reader’s advisory services to students; conduct bibliographic instruction for students in a classroom environment; plan and present library tours; collaborate with faculty to increase awareness of library resources to students; promote library resources and services to faculty, students and campus groups; participate in collection development; perform technical services duties; ensure consistent access to electronic resources; and participate in planning and implementing the college’s information competency goals.Minimum Qualifications
Include a master’s degree in library science, or library and information science; OR a valid California Community College Credential; OR the equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency); AND demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.Desirable Qualifications
- Seeking a knowledgeable and energetic Librarian with a strong commitment to service to provide public and technical services to students;
- Knowledge of the current state of information technology in libraries;
- Knowledge of the collection development and technical services functions;
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and assist with other duties as assigned; and
- Assist in the advancement of the institutional mission and goals.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture, $38.67 – $52.55 for lab, and $38.30 – $52.05 for non-instructional. Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.
Please note: This position does not have a closing date and applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position(s) is/are filled. By applying for this position, you understand that you will be placed in a continuous pool. If at any time you are no longer interested in this position, please contact us at [email protected] so that we can remove you from the applicant pool.Additional Information
This is a part-time position. Open until filled. Start dates may vary.Additional Information about the Position
The Reedley College Library hours of operation are Monday – Thursday from 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.Open Date 09/21/2016 Close Date Closing Time Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link http://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1387 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement and you fail to petition for equivalency, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload this assessment in the Optional Documents section. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application
- Where did you hear or read about this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents
- Letters of Recommendation