English Instructor (Part-Time) Clovis Community College
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting NumberTitleEnglish Instructor (Part-Time) Clovis Community CollegeCampus LocationClovis Community CollegeStart DateEssential Functions of Position
Include teaching a full range and schedule of developmental and transfer-level community college English courses; implementing appropriate practices to develop writing skills at all levels; teaching a full range and schedule of literature and critical thinking courses; communicating effectively with students and staff; and maintaining currency in the discipline. Duties may include assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening, weekends, or off campus.Minimum Qualifications
Include an earned master’s degree in English, literature, comparative literature, or composition; OR bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND master’s degree in linguistics, TESL, speech, education with a specialization in reading, creative writing, or journalism; OR a valid California Community College Credential; OR the equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency); AND demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.Desirable Qualifications
Include postsecondary experience teaching developmental and transfer-level English; willingness to teach online classes; knowledge and awareness of current theories and methodology for teaching writing; knowledge of current assessment methods and materials; experience working with a diverse student population; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff; related work and professional experience and knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals; demonstrated teaching ability; potential contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and experience with web-based online learning and classroom technology including webcasting, podcasting, and personal response systems.Salary and Benefits
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture and $38.67 – $52.55 for lab Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.
Please note: This position does not have a closing date and applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position(s) is/are filled. By applying for this position, you understand that you will be placed in a continuous pool. If at any time you are no longer interested in this position, please contact us at [email protected] so that we can remove you from the applicant pool.Additional Information
This is a part-time position. Open until filled. Start dates may vary.Additional Information about the PositionOpen Date07/29/2016Close DateClosing TimeOpen Until FilledYesQuick Linkhttp://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1345Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement and you fail to petition for equivalency, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload this assessment in the Optional Documents section. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents
- Letters of Recommendation