DSP&S Counselor (Part-Time) Fresno City College
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting NumberTitleDSP&S Counselor (Part-Time) Fresno City CollegeCampus LocationFresno City CollegeStart DateEssential Functions of Position
Include determining qualifications and appropriate individual support programs and accommodations for disabled students; providing direct personal, vocational, and academic counseling services; meeting with faculty and academic staff to support students’ educational program; preparation of reports as directed; effectively using technology in relation to counselling and performing other related duties as requested.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling, OR
- Master’s degree in counseling, guidance counseling, student personnel, clinical or counseling psychology, education counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, marriage, family and child counseling, or a bachelor’s degree in marriage and family therapy or in marriage, family and child counseling and possession of a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT); AND either fifteen or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work specifically related to people with disabilities; or completion of six semester units; or the equivalent of a graduate-level counseling practicum or counseling field work courses, in a post¬secondary Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) Program or in a program dealing predominantly or exclusively with people with disabilities; or two years of full-time experience, or the equivalent, in one or more of the following;
- Counseling for students with disabilities; OR
- Counseling in industry, government, public agencies, military or private social welfare organizations in which the responsibilities of the position were predominantly or exclusively for persons with disabilities, or the equivalent.
- Counseling for students with disabilities; OR
- A valid California Community College Credential; OR
- The equivalent education and or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Include experience counseling with students in college level disabled students programs; experience working with students of various cultural backgrounds; knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals; knowledge of the ADA and Section 504 and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act; demonstrated experience with learning disabilities assessment; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff; demonstrated ability to use technology; and, ability to work and plan independently.Salary and Benefits
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture, $38.67 – $52.55 for lab, and $38.30 – $52.05 for non-instructional. Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.Additional InformationAdditional Information about the PositionOpen Date08/29/2017Close DateClosing TimeOpen Until FilledNoQuick Linkhttp://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1793Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement and you fail to petition for equivalency, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Additional Documents