Healthcare Interpreter Instructor/Coordinator (Part-Time) Reedley CollegeCampus Location:
Reedley CollegeEssential Functions of Position:
The Health Care Interpreter Certificate Program trains bilingual and bi-cultural students to develop the awareness, knowledge and skills needed for effective language interpretation in health care settings. Duties include:
- Teaching courses in the Health Care Interpreter program;
- Developing and assessing instructional materials and student learning outcomes to improve student learning;
- Coordinating the Health Care Interpreter Certificate Program including all aspects of the program such as: admissions, advising, job referrals, graduation/certificate ceremony and student support;
- Establishing and maintaining program fieldwork sites, including contract management;
- Assigning student placements in fieldwork sites, including health clearance of students and background checks;
- Facilitating communication between college and fieldwork site; and
- Assisting in the advancement of the institution’s vitality and growth.
- Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience; OR
- Any associate degree and six years of professional experience; OR
- A valid California Community College Credential.
All candidates must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Salary and Benefits:
- Bilingual/bi-literate and bi-cultural in Spanish as one of the California threshold;
- Documented interpreting experience and ability such as an interpreting proficiency exam or certification;
- Experience with public agencies, community based organizations in linguistically diverse and low income communities;
- Successful teaching or training experience in health education and/or community health/social service/post-secondary educational settings;
- Knowledge of health practices, medical terminology and health care delivery systems;
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal communication skills, presentation skills and writing skills; and
- Knowledge of the college’s missions and goals.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture, $38.67 – $52.55 for lab, and $38.30 – $52.05 for non-instructional. Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure:
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.Open Date:
04/12/2017Open Until Filled: