Accounting Instructor (Part-Time) Clovis Community College
Posting DetailsAnnouncement Information Posting Number Title Accounting Instructor (Part-Time) Clovis Community College Campus Location Clovis Community College Start Date Essential Functions of Position
The ideal candidate will share Clovis Community College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 10,000 students of which 38% are Latinx, >1% are American Indian/Alaska Native, 8% are Asian, 3% are Black/African American, 42% are White, and 6% are multiracial. CCC is a Hispanic Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction in accounting, on the Clovis Community College campus and at offsite community campus locations. Duties include:
- Organizing and teaching accounting related classes such as Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Computerized Accounting, Applied Accounting, Tax Accounting, and Cooperative Work Experience in Accounting;
- Promoting student success by assisting students obtain certificates, degrees, transfer or employment in accounting;
- Working assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends; and
- Otherwise fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- Master’s in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration;
- Bachelor’s in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis or economics with an accounting emphasis AND a master’s in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, finance or the equivalent;
- A valid California Community College Credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
(NOTE: A bachelor’s degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration, with a CPA license is an alternative qualification for this discipline.
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices within the classroom.Desirable Qualifications
- Demonstrated computer literacy and familiarity with accounting-related software.
- Related work and professional experience.
- Experience working with students of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of student success models/orientation programs designed to improve student success and retention.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff.
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom, and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes.
- Willingness to examine and re-mediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students.
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom.
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture and $38.67 – $52.55 for lab Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.Additional Information Additional Information about the Position Open Date 12/05/2017 Close Date Closing Time Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link http://scccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1412 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * At the time of application, are your qualifications/degree(s) EXACTLY as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job announcement? NOTE: If not, you must answer yes when asked if you would like to petition for equivalency (next question).
- * Would you like to petition for equivalency based on your education and/or experience including knowledge and skills gained from informal activities? NOTE: If your qualifications do not exactly match the minimum qualifications stated in the job announcement and you fail to petition for equivalency, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If yes, please describe your exceptional experiences, backgrounds or degrees which would be equivalent to the stated degree(s) or experience requirements.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess degree(s) earned from an institution outside of the United States? NOTE: If yes, you will be required to upload an evaluation service assessment (foreign transcript evaluation). A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at www.ed.gov under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section. Please upload under Optional Evaluation Service Assessment. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies accepted - must indicate conferred degree(s) that support the minimum qualifications)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Professional References
- Evaluation Service Assessment
- Additional Documents
- Letters of Recommendation