Adjunct Associate Professor - Art History
- San Joaquin Delta Community College District
- Stockton, CA
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, Fine & Performing Arts, Professional Fields, Architecture & Urban Planning
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Part Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean, to teach organized classes in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, and class schedules; to evaluate progress of students; to advise students concerning educational matters, to perform other instructionally related duties as assigned. The primary responsibility is to teach up to 10 units (Part-time) in assigned discipline.Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct organized classes at the instructional level to meet the educational requirements stated in the course description and the course information sheets.
- Conduct related laboratory instruction, including safe handling of materials and equipment as required.
- Advise and assist students in achieving stated course objectives.
- Evaluate the progress of each student; notify the students in need of counseling services.
- Attend faculty, division, or other on-campus meetings as required.
- Participate in the evaluation of course offerings, including the revision of course descriptions and course outlines.
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Keep current with new developments and knowledge in appropriate fields of competency within the framework of support provided by the District.
- Maintain necessary records of student enrollment, attendance, progress and grades; prepare and submit required reports to the administration.
- Maintain control of equipment, materials and supplies as assigned.
- Report to the Division Chairperson, Assistant Division Chair, Director or Assistant Director any condition which might jeopardize the health or safety of students or the public.
- Supervise student aides, tutors, and readers, as appropriate.
- Be familiar with and act in accordance with the Education Code and Board of Trustees policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present information and material in a classroom instructional situation.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Teaching-learning processes with special knowledge about individualizing the instruction program. When appropriate, methods and techniques of laboratory instruction including health and safety precautions.
- Meet District minimum qualifications in the assigned discipline.
Education: MA degree in art history, history of arts and architecture, or visual culture/visual studies OR
bachelor's degree in art history and master's degree in history OR master's degree in art with a recorded emphasis or concentration in art history OR the equivalent.
Working at San Joaquin Delta Community College District
The mission of San Joaquin Delta Community College District is to provide excellent post-secondary education that serves the needs of students, and the District community through continuing, transfer, career and technical education, and economic development. To achieve this objective, the faculty and staff are committed to providing comprehensive instructional programs, student services and public services that are high quality.
In fulfilling its mission, the District acts upon the following principles:
* Commitment to excellence requires effective collaboration, respect for cultural diversity, appreciation of historical perspective, open communication, high academic standards, a vital connection to the arts and cultures of the community, and competitive athletics.
* Student success and equity are founded on a well-coordinated and institutionally-integrated developmental education program.
* Educational resources are available to all students regardless of age, disability, gender, or ethnicity.
* Institutional renewal must include continuous improvement through new and revised curricula; the use of student learning outcomes to enhance student performance; new and effective technologies; and ongoing faculty and staff professional development.
* All aspects of the College District encourage good citizenship, responsible leadership, ethical behavior, and the appreciation of lifelong learning.
The faculty, staff, and students of San Joaquin Delta College envision a community of learners who pursue and achieve ever higher educational goals, commit themselves passionately to life-long learning, and fully appreciate the diverse and dynamic world around them.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert