Adjunct Associate Professor - Photography
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean, to teach organized classes in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, and class schedules; to evaluate progress of students; to advise students concerning educational matters, to perform other instructionally related duties as assigned. The primary responsibility is to teach up to 10 units (Part-time) in assigned discipline.Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct organized classes at the instructional level to meet the educational requirements stated in the course description and the course information sheets.
- Conduct related laboratory instruction, including safe handling of materials and equipment as required.
- Advise and assist students in achieving stated course objectives.
- Evaluate the progress of each student; notify the students in need of counseling services.
- Attend faculty, division, or other on-campus meetings as required.
- Participate in the evaluation of course offerings, including the revision of course descriptions and course outlines.
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Keep current with new developments and knowledge in appropriate fields of competency within the framework of support provided by the District.
- Maintain necessary records of student enrollment, attendance, progress and grades; prepare and submit required reports to the administration.
- Maintain control of equipment, materials and supplies as assigned.
- Report to the Division Chairperson, Assistant Division Chair, Director or Assistant Director any condition which might jeopardize the health or safety of students or the public.
- Supervise student aides, tutors, and readers, as appropriate.
- Be familiar with and act in accordance with the Education Code and Board of Trustees policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present information and material in a classroom instructional situation.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Teaching-learning processes with special knowledge about individualizing the instruction program. When appropriate, methods and techniques of laboratory instruction including health and safety precautions.
- Meet District minimum qualifications in the assigned discipline.
Bachelor's in any of the above AND master's in art history or humanities OR the equivalent.Supplemental Information
Classes could include basic digital photography, black and white darkroom photography, beginning and intermediate camera and lighting techniques, editorial photography, documentary photography, and portfolio building.
Copies of transcripts are required with application.
Please include the following with your application:
Letter of applicationResume or Curriculum Vitae
Teaching Philosophy addressing pedagogical concerns
A proposed syllabus for a 16 week undergraduate photography curse (traditional or digital)