Assistant Professor Public Health Education
Assistant Professor Public Health Education
Public Health Education - 303700
Department of Public Health Education is seeking to hire an Assistant Professor within the Office of the Dean, at the University of North Texas Health Science Center
ABOUT THE SCHOOL---The School of Public Health has over 300 students enrolled in its MPH, MHA, MS and PhD programs. About two-thirds of the School's faculty are research-intensive tenure track or tenured faculty. One-third are practice-based faculty with heavier teaching, advising, and service roles.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY---Located in the Fort Worth cultural district, the University of North Texas Health Science Center is one of the fastest-growing academic health science centers in Texas. The University currently enrolls 2,700 graduate students who are pursuing degrees in public health, medicine, bio-medical science, pharmacy, physical therapy, and physician assistant studies. The University is well-positioned for rapid expansion, matching the growing population and economic vitality of the DFW Metroplex. The University of North Texas Health Science Center is one of two campuses in the U.S. to support both an allopathic and an osteopathic college of medicine.
As a Assistant Professor non-tenure track position, the incumbent will teach and advise with the following responsibilities:
1. Coordinate the Public Health Practice Experience for working adult students enrolled in the Master of Public Health degree program, offered in an online format.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Communication with students in the program in order to coordinate the public health practice experience (internship).
* Assisting the student to complete a Project Agreement that outlines the PHPE, including desired competencies and timelines for progress.
* Developing and keeping in contact with potential and current PHPE sites. Contacting student's sites as necessary.
* Faculty of Record, which includes maintaining the syllabus for PHED 5297, advising the student while engaged in their PHPE, and providing a final grade.
2. Develop and maintain a new continuing education initiative in which MPH Graduates could earn recertification credits towards maintaining the CPH designation and strengthening the alumni relationship between the graduate and the school.
3. Develop and maintain the School's participation in the Texas Public Health Practice Network (a workforce development initiative involving the Texas Department of Health Services (DSHS) and Texas schools of public health.
4. Serve as the School's Alumni & Development Coordinator/Liaison. Develops relationships with alumni to support: community partnerships; workforce development; CPH certification opportunities; data compilation for accreditation requirements of alumni.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will have a doctoral degree in public health or related field. In addition, the successful candidate will have a strong record of teaching, publication, service, and other academic accomplishments.
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION PROCEDURES--- Interested applicants should submit a cover letter describing their background and experience, some curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references electronically through the following website: https://www.unthsc.edu
DEADLINE -- Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled