Executive Director, Health and Voluntary Benefits
Title:Executive Director, Health and Voluntary Benefits Job Category:Staff Description:
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight of USG health plans and voluntary benefits functions, including managing a team and an array of third-party vendors to service the needs of multiple populations including self-insured, fully-insured, a portfolio of voluntary benefits, and a retiree purchasing exchange.
- Responsible for researching, recommending and implementing the strategic direction of the Healthcare and Voluntary Benefits Programs for the University System of Georgia
- Ensures industry best practices and most innovative strategies are being utilized to obtain the most comprehensive and cost-effective offerings
- Manages a team that is responsible for success of the health and voluntary benefits programs to include: (1) Creating goals and internal performance metrics for each plan and the overall program; (2) Creating goals and internal performance metrics for engaging and educating the USG population on the overall program; (3) Monitoring and ensuring Vendor Performance Metrics are being met on a quarterly and annual basis; and (4) Ensuring coordination of vendor programing to meet strategic objectives
- Works with key stakeholders and industry experts, develops strategies for promoting enhanced care integration and management, health improvement among plan members and cost containment across plans and vendors
- Works closely with the Director of Retirement to meet strategic goals for the overall USG Total Rewards program
- Researches, recommends, develops business plans, and leads implementation of new technologies to enhance the employee enrollment experience and employees’ ability to maximize the value of benefit programs
- Recommends and leads employee benefits engagement strategy to achieve maximum employee engagement through communications and technology
- Responsible for vendor procurement materials and processes as well as performance monitoring activities (including routine audits and enforcement of performance guarantees).
- Presents to various committees and internal and external stakeholders on the USG health and voluntary benefits programs
- Ensures Plans maintain compliance with State & Federal laws
- Works with internal and external consultants, advisors, and attorneys to establish and achieve goals and objectives
- Coordinates with and provides subject matter expertise to Chairs of various TRSC subcommittees
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A Master’s degree in health, business, or public administration or in a related field is highly desired; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Over (5) years’ experience in a leadership and management role with responsibility for health and benefits administration.
- Has held a strategic decision-making role in a large-scale benefits implementations
- Large scale project management experience
- Large scale employer benefits policy and procedure development experience
- Experience managing a team to establish and achieve strategic objectives
- Proven track record of inquiry, innovation, and successful vendor management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE CLASSIFICATION
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules and regulations impacting higher education.
- Knowledge of process improvement theories and practices.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting principles.
- Knowledge of current best practices in higher education.
- Skill in managing and leading a professional staff.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in setting, implementing and communicating strategies.
- Skill in contract negotiation.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to make independent judgments.
- Ten or more years of experience administering benefits plan(s) in a large employer setting
- Five years’ experience administering benefits plans for a large (5,000 employees or more) employer
- Higher education and/or public benefits administration experience
- Experience with administering benefits in HCM and benefits enrollment systems
Location:Atlanta Regular/Temporary:Regular Minimum Hiring Salary:Salary commensurate with education and experience Hours Per Week:40 Required Documents Message:Cover Letter, Resume