Property Control Manager
Requisition Number STA - 201000000686
Job Title Property Control Manager
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Property Control Manager.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This position is responsible for strategically assisting management and departments in the protection of the financial and physical assets of the University campus. This position will oversee the review of internal processes, systems and policies and will make recommendations to ensure the risk of the University is minimized. This position is also responsible for the management of receiving and warehouse operations in accordance with State laws and UNT policies, which may include budgetary responsibilities, supervision of personnel, and report preparation.
The Property Control Manager is responsible for all phases of the University's central receiving and warehouse operations, including receiving, storing, issuing, delivering, shipping, and disposal of widely diversified and specialized supplies, equipment, and furniture. The Property Control Manager establishes and maintains asset management and accountability over all supplies and equipment received by the University; ensures that equipment above the inventory threshold level is properly tagged and recorded in the Property Control database; resolves damage and specification issues with the manufacturer, distributor, and/or delivery company; enforces policies and procedures regarding the proper storage and accountability of items in dispute; and supervises daily distribution of supplies, equipment, mail, and packages to various University departments. The Property Control Manager oversee the flow of property into and out of the campus. Oversees and supervises all activities related to property control ensuring that all materials are properly accounted for, and that accurate and appropriate records of inventory are maintained.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains and monitors applicable accounting records for capital and controlled assets.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating PeopleSoft Asset Management System with all assets and pertinent information on a daily basis.
- Responsible for coordinating and accounting for asset disposal including surplus, cannibalized, obsolete, traded-in, inter-agency transfers on an ongoing basis.
- Oversees receiving, stocking, recordkeeping, and distribution of materials.
- Monitors capital equipment inventory levels.
- Maintains statistics and inventory control using computer applications and online resources.
- Assesses, responds and resolves customers' requests, concerns or complaints.
- Management of receiving and delivery functions. Ensures items received are delivered within 24 hours of receipt.
- Works closely with BSC Procurement groups to resolve receiving issues that affect delivery and payment.
- Manages returns to vendors effectively and keeps BSC Procurement groups informed throughout the process.
- Responsible for the day-to-day use of EIS asset system for receiving operations.
- Work closely with the UNTS Asset Management Team for monthly, quarterly and year-end Assets Management System closing.
- Responsible for the management of surplus property, warehouse activity, receiving, delivery and disposal of goods at the warehouse.
- Responsible to ensure pickup of surplus items within 48 hours of request.
- Responsible for all aspects of surplus property sales.
- Ensures that educational items in surplus are offered to ISD's in accordance with statutory requirements and ensures selected equipment is released as required.
- Responsible for all capital and controlled asset tag processes for University property.
- Responsible for the reporting of missing or stolen property in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Effectively manages the inventory and assets of the University including time, receiving, delivery and disposal of goods including sales in compliance with policy and statute.
- Monitors inventory levels and performs the annual inventory count including the reporting of missing or stolen property in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Provides training and support regarding inventory and asset management operations.
- Effectively collaborates with all stakeholders to ensure and improve efficiency in managing University inventory and assets including: providing assistance on incoming orders, resolving receiving issues that affect delivery and payment, and handling returns.
- Compiles inventory reports and issues them to management.
- Manages property control clerks by setting schedules, monitoring performance, and conducting reviews.
- Receives and distributes all USPS mail for the campus which requires sorting and delivery to each campus department.
- Pick up outgoing mail, sort, and meter (apply postage) appropriately.
- Receives and distributes packages from carriers (FedEx, UPS, Amazon, USPS, and others).
- Pick up outgoing packages, sort, and meter for pick up by carriers.
- Occasionally, travel to carriers' offices to pick up and/or drop off mail and packages.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Materials Management, Logistics and/or related field and a minimum of three (3) years of closely related experience in accounting, compliance, audit, finance or other field; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Knowledge of related statutes regarding asset management.
- Highly organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and ability to multitask.
- Skill in making mathematical calculations and computations.
- Ability to keep records, to assemble and organize data, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in inventory control which includes purchasing, receiving, and distributing capital and controlled assets.
- Experience with computer data base systems and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of State of Texas purchasing, capital equipment, and inventory systems a plus.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use fingers and hands to feel, grasp, operate or handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is required to walk, bend, stoop and reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds with occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)