Assistant/Associate Professor of Math/Bioinformatics
Assistant/Associate Professor of Math/Bioinformatics ‐ California Northstate University College of Health Sciences, Rancho Cordova, California, USA
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Math/Bioinformatics
Job Classification: Full‐time, 12 Month, Exempt
Rank and Salary: Based on educational credentials and previous academic experience
Closing Date: Position open until filled
Review of Applications: Reviewed upon receipt; for best consideration apply before February 15th, 2019
Anticipated Start Date: June 1, 2019
Supervisor: Faculty in the Department of Science and Mathematics report directly to the Department Chair, Dr. Damon Meyer
California Northstate University College of Health Sciences is a community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to the mission of transforming education in the health sciences. We are a team-oriented group interested in supporting a student centered and innovative educational environment and seek individuals interested in excelling at their own immediate responsibilities and contributing to the College and University as a whole.
California Northstate University (CNU) is a private university with the main campus located in Elk Grove, California, approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento. CNU is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The Elk Grove facility currently houses the College of Pharmacy, College of Medicine and College of Psychology.
The California Northstate University College of Health Sciences (CNUCHS) campus is located at 2910 Prospect Park Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670. We offer a traditional Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree in addition to accelerated undergraduate and post-baccalaureate programs. The CNUCHS curriculum is designed to provide excellent academic preparation for careers in the biomedical professions.
Courses of Primary Teaching Responsibility:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan courses and prepare syllabi for approval by the Curriculum Committee
- Maintain good working relationships with the Dean, Sr. Assoc. Dean of Academic Affairs, Department Chair, administrative staff, and colleagues in the College of Health Sciences
- Make effective use of appropriate technology, learning software, and the learning management system in course delivery
- Develop an effective teaching style informed by best practices in education literature
- Perform data collection related to monitoring of program and general education learning outcomes as needed to fulfill assessment requirements and to monitor student success
- Communicate effectively with students regarding course content, assignments, and exams
- Keep regular office hours for students, provide tutoring assistance as needed, and perform student advising duties
- Keep active in academic field of specialization through professional development, scholarly research, publishing, and professional activities
- Serve on college and university committees and engage in university and community service including development of outreach activities
- Mentor and supervise undergraduate students in scholarly research projects and course based undergraduate research experiences
- Participate in college and university programs to recruit and retain students
Minimum Qualifications: A doctorate degree in Math, Bioinformatics, or related field with college teaching experience. ABD and candidates with a Master’s degree will be considered. Demonstrated ability to develop innovative teaching strategies, and experience working with diverse groups.
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter of interest that addresses qualifications, experience and career goals
- Curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts of all college work (unofficial copies accepted until invited for interview)
- Statement of teaching and scholarly interests
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three (3) references who can be contacted by the Search Committee and who can speak to a broad range of candidate’s professional qualifications.
Please send application materials to the HR Department by email or California Northstate University, 9700 West Taron Drive, Elk Grove, CA 95757.
For department specific inquiries, please contact us by telephone: (916) 686-7674.
Please note that while the main campus for California Northstate University is located in Elk Grove, CA, this position is located at California Northstate University, College of Health Sciences, in Rancho Cordova, CA.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.