Clinical Assistant Professor (Educational Theory & Practice)
The Department of Educational Theory and Practice at the University of Georgia (UGA) invites applications for two positions as Clinical Assistant Professors in its Early Childhood/Elementary Education program. We are seeking individuals with expertise in PreK-5 teaching, integrating theory and practice in teacher education programs, and experience with the scholarship of teaching or engagement. These are full time, nine-month, renewable appointments that begin August 2019. In recognition of the important role that clinical faculty play, starting salaries for clinical faculty are the same as those for tenure-track faculty, and the University has a well-structured promotion system for individuals in clinical track positions for advancement to clinical associate professor and clinical full professor ranks. Opportunities exist for summer teaching appointments.
● Teach undergraduate and graduate courses (face-to-face, online, and/or blended) and mentor and advise students, as assigned.
● Instruct and supervise teacher candidates in clinical practica in Pre K-5 settings.
● Provide service to the program, department, college, university, and the profession.
● Work across departmental and institutional boundaries and participate in sustained engagement with public schools.
● Engage in the scholarship of teaching or the scholarship of engagement.