Department: Academic Affairs
Pay Grade: Instructor -- $44,436-$55,903
Assistant Professor -- $48,436-$62,364
FLSA Status: Exempt (Full-time 10-month Faculty Position)
The position of Business Faculty Member in the Academic Affairs Division is available beginning August 15, 2019 for the Fall 2019 semester. This position is on a full-time, 10-month basis.
JOB SUMMARY: The Business Faculty Member is responsible for planning and making available appropriate study materials, conducting educationally valuable activities in the classroom, making assignments of student work and evaluating and grading student progress. This position reports to the Program Director, Business and Accounting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teaching the equivalent of 30 teaching load hours over the academic year
- Administering appropriate examinations including final examinations
- Maintaining a grade book
- Collecting and analyzing outcomes data
- Scheduling and posting a minimum of five hours per week of office hours
- Providing educational advisement to students, including directing those in need of assistance to appropriate laboratories, clinics, or counselors
- Cooperating with the library staff and program director to ensure adequate library and materials are available for each class
- Assisting in the curricular and staff development necessary to create new learning opportunities for students or to maintain the viability of current offerings
- Attending divisional meetings, general faculty meetings and college-wide meetings
- Remaining abreast in assigned field of study and pursuing additional formal education as appropriate
- Serving on appropriate college committees
- Performing other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK: MBA or a master's degree in a related field, two years’ experience teaching general business courses (e.g. Introduction to Business, Principles of Management, Human Relations, Principles of Marketing, Entrepreneurship), and ability to use technology in teaching. Preference given to candidates with experience in online teaching modalities and experience at the community college level. Must be positive, cooperative and supportive.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This work is normally sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: hearing, speaking, talking, visual acuity, mental acuity, repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding), standing and walking.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, office, and campus environments. Use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; observance of traffic signals when driving.
SALARY: The selected candidate will be placed on the 10-month Carroll Community College Salary Scale at either the Instructor or Assistant Professor rank based upon qualifications, with salary placement commensurate with qualifications. Generally, the college places new faculty at the Instructor rank. Position includes excellent fringe benefit package.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter to include minimum salary required, a resume, and a one- to two-page statement of teaching philosophy emailed to [email protected] or mailed to the Human Resources Department at Carroll Community College, 1601 Washington Road, Westminster, Maryland 21157 This position is open until filled, with best consideration given to candidates who apply by March 1, 2019. To qualify for employment, candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR FACULTY APPLICANTS: The College pays one-half of reasonable travel expenses for the first visit and pays the entire cost of travel for the second visit. The College does not pay relocation expenses or offer tenure. However, following a one-year probationary period, year-to-year contracts are provided until three years of satisfactory service are completed, after which time 3-year contracts are provided.