Executive Director - Enrollment Management
This position has the following key responsibilities:
- Provides vision and direction for admission consistent with the college's enrollment management goals and the governing policies and procedures.
- Develops and executes creative and strategic recommendations based on current/prior performance, input from campus partners and other key constituents, and higher education best practices.
- Identifies recruitment funnel issues, as well as registration needs, diagnoses problems and takes appropriate actions to correct them in a timely fashion.
- Designs, implements and leads innovative enrollment and recruitment strategies built on best practices and approaches.
- Ensures timely and effective communication among the enrollment management leaders to inform decisions, and provides reports, as needed, to college leadership to assist in meeting enrollment goals.
The Executive Director serves as a member of the Vice President - Student Success Service's (VPSSS) team. Primary responsibilities include the formulation, implementation and assessment of an ongoing and dynamic Strategic Enrollment Management Plan that employs highly effective data analysis to inform decisions supporting recruitment, admissions and onboarding strategies, registration activities and call center communications.
The Executive Director works in close collaboration with the offices of the VPSSS, Academic Deans and Departments, Marketing, Institutional Research, Information Technology Services and other campus partners to meet enrollment goals.
This position supervises three (3) departmental managers: Director of Admissions, Registrar, and Manager of Onboarding.
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution, the College encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. The College does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran's status, age, disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title IX Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 2030G), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0024.
Title II, ADA, Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Curtice-Mott Complex (CM-1024), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0373.
Section 504 Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 1130), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0191.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education; or Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education with 7 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Must have 3 or more years of progressive leadership experience in enrollment management with proven results. Experience leading recruitment and retention program for underrepresented and underserved student populations.
- Excellent communication, public speaking, management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build effective and independent teams, and actively work as part of a team.
- Expertise in facilitating organizational development and change.
- Competency for analyzing recruitment-related data and assessing programming activities.
- Experience working with a diverse student population and demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of the broad spectrum of individuals representing the college and staff populations.
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis tools.
- Interpersonal and ethical skills that inspire trust.
- Budget management skills.
- Creativity and energy highly valued.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Additional experience beyond the minimum requirements.
- Experience performing the minimum requirements in a community college setting.
- Experience with Ellucian/Colleague ERP.
- Demonstrated experience with the development, interpretation and implementation of predictive enrollment models.
- Demonstrated evidence working with diverse communities and organizations.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized work environment.