Physical Education (General): Part-time Faculty - Fall 2019
Position Title:Physical Education (General): Part-time Faculty - Fall 2019 Opened Date:01/08/2019 Job Category:Faculty Department:Physical Education - 3010160 Division:Academic Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial Transcript 1, Unofficial Transcript 2 Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
GGC is seeking candidates for the position of Physical Education part time Faculty for future semester terms. Reporting to the Dean of School of Science & Technology, this position teaches college-level introductory Physical Education courses including games and fitness content. This position also reviews, evaluates and recommends student learning materials, and evaluates students to measure their progress in achieving institutional and course goals.SalaryCommensurate with education and experience. Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:Minimum
- Master's degree in this field or related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Must have a background in physical education, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, or adaptive physical education.
- Two years of physical education experience at the high school, college, or professional level.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse population of students.
- Doctorate degree (Ph.D.)
- College or University teaching experience.