Audio Visual Events Tech
Position Title:Audio Visual Events Tech Job Category:Staff Department:Instructional Technology - 6010310 Division:Business & Finance Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The Audio/Visual Events Technician provides highly skilled support to ensure the proper planning, and execution of regular and high profile events in support of the academic, business and co-curricular goals of the college through the use of technology. This position reports to the Assistant Director for Classroom Technology Support and will work closely with other members of Educational Technology and campus constituents.
- Provides onsite AV support for campus events
- Meets with clients and determine event AV requirements/details
- Provides expertise and guidance to clients in the areas of lighting, sound and resources needed for the exemplary execution of events
- Scouts venues and assists the Assistant Director for Classroom Technology Support with booking venues
- Submits and resolves helpdesk tickets for events
- Conducts frequent maintenance checks on equipment in event spaces
- Responds promptly to calls, and helpdesk ticket requests
- Supports AV technology in classrooms
- Provide event support training to other event support team members and student workers
- Other tasks as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Experience in operation of awards, live drama and musical events
- Three (3)years of professional employment experience in daily operations within a multi-media or audiovisual style event venue.
- College degree or Tech School diploma or military training in related field preferred Ability to work in fast paced and sometimes hectic academic environment to support the diverse needs of a rapidly growing college
- Experience in operation and design of lighting and sound for live drama and musical events
- Thorough understanding of gain structure, real time analyzers, room EQ, gating and feedback suppression
- Lighting design skills including hanging, adjusting gelling and maintenance of conventional Fresnel's and lekolite
- Experience in setup and programing of DMX controlled intelligent lights
- Familiarity with Crestron, AMX or Extron control systems for venues and classrooms
- Experience with Digital projectors and other classroom devices
- Experience in event production, equipment evaluation, recommendation and operation
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team of diverse AV/ IT professionals, clients, and partners
- Excellent communication and time management skills are required
- Maintains and upgrading skills and professional development by attending training and industry events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with MAC & PC computer platforms, operating systems, and Microsoft Office products.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:This position will support evening and weekend classes and events Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Non-exempt