Instructional Coach - Project-Based Learning Certificate Program
The new Penn GSE Project-Based Learning Certificate program seeks highly experienced and innovative student-centered educators to join the program’s instructional team. The Penn GSE Project-Based Learning Certificate Program is an innovative professional development program for currently practicing teachers and leaders. The program structure includes a week-long summer institute in Philadelphia, virtual video-based instructional coaching throughout the school year, and finishes with a second week-long summer institute.
The instructional coach position is a part-time position that will require approximately 30 hours of work each month. Instructional Coaches will play a pivotal role in helping facilitate the week-long summer institutes at the University of Pennsylvania, and then be responsible for facilitating virtual video-based instructional coaching for smaller teams of teachers and leaders during the academic school year. The virtual nature of the coaching will allow our coaches flexibility with where they live and work.
- Significant K12 teaching experience in a Humanities or STEM field, and/or substantial experience in a leadership role that supports teachers to enact student-centered approaches to teaching and learning
- Significant experience with coaching and designing and leading professional development
- High quality experience with project-based learning
- Experience with practice-based teacher professional development
- Experience with virtual video-based coaching
Start Date and Instructional Responsibilities
- Instructional coaches will have design responsibilities in the spring and summer of 2019
- Instructional coaches will have facilitation and coaching responsibilities during the Penn GSE summer sessions in early August 2019 and 2020
- Instructional coaches will have facilitation and coaching responsibilities virtually throughout the Penn 2019 – 2020 academic year
- Based on performance and fit, there may be opportunities to extend the appointment
How to Apply
Questions and inquiries should be directed to the Program Director, Zachary Herrmann, at [email protected]
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter that details how your experiences and interests meet the position qualifications to the program at [email protected] with the email subject, “Instructional Coach Position”
We will begin reviewing applications on March 1, 2019 but will continue to consider new applications until the position is filled.
The University of Pennsylvania is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Instructional Coach - Project-Based Learning Certificate Program
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly