Adjunct Computer Graphics/Multimedia Instructor - Columbia College - POOL
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Computer Graphics/Multimedia Instructor - Columbia College - POOLSite:Columbia CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $48.23 to $76.64
Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $78.89
Summer School: $69.58 to $83.92
Summer School Doctorate Range: $81.32 to $86.17
Not Eligible for Benefits:
With the exception of Workers’ Compensation coverage, not eligible to participate in the District’s benefit programs.
Teaching a variety of computer graphics courses.Minimum Qualifications
Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.Desirable Qualifications
•Physical or digital portfolio including pieces that strongly demonstrate a sophisticated esthetic sensibility
•A Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Art, Graphic Design, Video, Photography or Photo, Web and/or Animation skills from an accredited college or university.
•Two years of experience teaching at the Community College level or higher.
•Demonstrated commitment to keeping current in Digital Arts and changing technologies.
•Versatility with the Adobe applications such as Adobe CS5.5 Suite (or higher) which includes Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and After Effects.
•Evidence of an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
20% of full-time instruction of the discipline.Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
Please note: The District does not integrate with the third party service of Interfolio; therefore, reference letters must be submitted along with the application documents required.
FOREIGN DEGREES: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association. A copy of the evaluation must be attached during the application process. An ORIGINAL of the evaluation(s) must be presented at the time of hire.
District has adopted equivalency procedures which enables applications by individuals not possessing qualifications listed above. For more information on equivalency, go to https://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
Choose: Equivalency Policy and Procedures. When requesting equivalency, attach a completed “Determination of Equivalency” form along with the equivalency application documents required.
The screening committee will evaluate all applications. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * To avoid conflict of interest, Yosemite Community College District (YCCD) permits employment of near relatives only under certain conditions. Are any of your near relatives (child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step-relatives in the relationships listed) currently employed by YCCD?Response of YES or NO is required in the area provided. NOTE: If yes, it is required that you provide the person or persons name/s, their position title and the department they are employed.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- List of Graduate Courses