Adjunct Nurse Assistant Clinical Instructor - POOL - Modesto Junior College
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Nurse Assistant Clinical Instructor - POOL - Modesto Junior CollegeSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $48.23 to $76.64
Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $78.89
Summer School: $69.58 to $83.92
Summer School Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $86.17
Not eligible for District paid benefits.Position Summary Information Scope of Assignment
Under supervision of the Dean of Allied Health and Family Consumer Science and Nurse Assistant Program Director teach Nurse Assistant students in clinical environments, evaluate student progress, and participate in activities that strengthen student success. The Nurse Assistant Clinical Instructor may not have any other responsibilities while supervising the clinical training.Minimum Qualifications
Applicants may be any licensed vocational nurse or registered nurse with no less than two years of nursing experience, of which no less than one year is in providing care and services to chronically ill or elderly patients in an acute care hospital, skilled nursing facility, intermediate care facility, home care, hospice care, or other long-term care setting.
May be a licensed Vocational or Registered Nurse meeting the qualifications above and approved by CDPH.Desirable Qualifications
•Ability to serve as a professional role model to assist students to develop professional and ethical values and to maintain high standards of nursing practice.
•Ability to effectively instruct, supervise and evaluate students in the clinical aspects of nursing.
•Effective written and verbal communication skills with students and the community.
•Ability to work effectively in a close, collaborative team environment with other nursing faculty.
• Provide effective clinical instruction, consistent with the approved curriculum, at MJC and at the clinical site.
• Assist in the development of lesson plans and student evaluation methods.
• Ensure students meet the requirements of each clinical training site agreement.
• Attend clinical training site orientations and serve as a liaison between the clinical site and the Nurse Assistant Program Director.
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
Applications will be reviewed by a screening committee which will select candidates to be interviewed. After interviews, a recommendation will be forwarded to the President, Chancellor, and Board of Trustees.
The screening committee will evaluate all applications. Those applicants selected for personal interview will be notified by letter or phone. In accordance with Board policy official offers of employment will be made only by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor/Human Resources, YCCD. Final appointment is subject to confirmation by the Board of Trustees.
Federal law requires the District employ only US citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Written verification of employment eligibility is required.
NOTE: A background investigation of new employees is required, including reference checks and a state criminal history report. Employment will not begin until the history check has been cleared by Human Resources. The cost for the criminal history report will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Licenses and Certificates Posting Detail Information Open Date01/03/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * To avoid conflict of interest, Yosemite Community College District, YCCD, permits employment of near relatives only under certain conditions. Are any of your near relatives; a child, parent, spouse or domestic partner, sibling, or in-laws or step relatives in the relationships listed, currently employed by YCCD, that includes Modesto Junior College, Columbia College or the District Office?Respond YES or NO.IF YES - it is required that you provide the name or names of the person or persons along with their position title in the space provided for response.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- List of Graduate Courses