Responsible for the performance, integrity and security of Pratt Institute's Raiser's Edge database, which currently contains over 160,000 records. Involved in the strategic planning and development of the database as Pratt grows, as well as troubleshooting issues on behalf of the users. The Database Manager will report to the Director of Advancement Operations and serve as the Raiser's Edge expert on various projects designed to enhance Pratt's ability to raise funds, communicate with donors and alumni, and track giving.
- Perform advanced maintenance and cleanup of database records to maintain The Raiser's Edge.
- Conduct data enrichment activities.
- Achieve successful and timely NCOA updates for direct mail campaigns and related data services.
- Design and implement a Data Integrity Program.
- Update and upgrade The Raiser's Edge database as required, including but not limited to version updates, online giving modules, document management modules, remote access modules, prospect management modules, and database plug-in solutions.
- Create and implement up-to-date Standard Operating Procedures for entry and reporting, and ensure all entries conform to these procedures.
- Maintain expectations of reporting needs with the department, communicating status of requests and anticipated changes affecting deadlines.
- Train new and existing Institutional Advancement staff in the use of best practices in The Raiser's Edge database.
- Monitor the influx of ad hoc data maintenance requests, ensuring that they are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Provide expertise and technical support to end-users on Raiser's Edge issues; identify, research, and resolve technical problems, and work with outside vendors/technical support as needed.
- Apply creative thinking and strategic planning to all database processes and policy decisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree required or associates degree with equivalent experience.
Experience: 4+ years of experience in Raiser's Edge, preferably as an administrator in a non-profit fundraising environment. 2+ years of experience in reporting and analytics. 2+ year reporting project management experience. Knowledge of fundraising principles and practice. Helpful to have worked with ImportOmatic (IOM), Blackbaud NetCommunity (BBNC), Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access, Colleague by Ellucian, and SAP Business Objects BI.
Knowledge and Skills:
- You have unquestionable discretion and ability to process confidential information in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- You are customer service-focused with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse constituency, and with the ability to inspire confidence and respect among colleagues.
- You are able to analyze, forecast, and present data in a meaningful and understandable way.
- You have a strong ability and commitment to accuracy and database integrity.
- You are able to communicate effectively and collaboratively with technical and non-technical staff.
- You see something that can be improved, and you don't wait for permission to fix it.
- You like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider yourself a remover of obstacles.
- You are flexible to work extra hours for Development-related weekends and evening programs and special events.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.