Manager, Workday Student
This role will be the lead in supporting the Workday Student system implementation. The Functional Lead will be responsible for coordinating tasks, executing deliverables, and ensuring involvement of the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). This role will partner with SMEs and the Workday platform manager to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Workday Student module. The Functional Lead will focus on the needs of relevant stakeholders and the larger community, assist with identifying areas of opportunity, and provide deployment considerations. It will represent and oversee the deliverables of the subject matter experts (SMEs) alongside their implementation partner counterparts, the Babson technical team and Project Management Office.
• Serve as the Workday Student functional expert and lead SMEs through the entire systems development lifecycle with responsibilities including but not limited to identifying project scope, coordinating tasks, executing deliverables, ensuring SME involvement, managing individual SME work plans against the project plan, and ensuring implementation goals and configurations meet the business needs of the organization.
• Provides consistent project updates to the Manager, Workday Operations and Strategy and the Project Manager to ensure they are aware of project movement and timelines.
• Identify opportunities for improvement, areas for standardization, unique variances, and potential gaps in functionality. Ensures any conflicts or issues related to the Workday Student module are identified, shared with the appropriate stakeholders, and resolved in a timely fashion.
• Provide status on key accomplishments, next steps, track key deliverables, milestones, and dependencies to SMEs and other relevant stakeholders.
• Participate in business process, configuration, and reporting design sessions; serves as the lead on functional and configuration validation activities; validates and approves design decisions.
• Raise compliance-related considerations and provide guidance and expertise.
• Participate in testing & training strategy development. Develop test scenarios and instructions in partnership with the SMEs. Review and approve testing & training documentation and deliverables.
• Lead all system testing, including user acceptance and end-to-end testing.
• Participate in the delivery of end user training.
• Participate in the development and completion of the go-live checklist including operational readiness.
• Work with relevant stakeholders to develop appropriate material for operational readiness.
• Assume additional responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in higher education and student information systems.
• Previous experience implementing student information systems.
• At least 1 year of experience working on Workday projects, preferably in a lead role. Must have configuration experience, knowledge, and skills.
• Project management experience, leading multiple work-streams or small teams.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills with the ability to express technical concepts clearly and across all levels of an organization.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and priorities.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
• Motivated, independent learner with a passion for information technology.
• Ability to determine task priorities and plan and manage those priorities to move a project forward to completion.
• Ability to manage ambiguity and thrive in a fluid environment.
• Highly independent and takes initiative.
• Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
• Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
• Some occasional travel to Workday Training sessions.
• May require occasional evening and/or weekend work.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.