Posting Number: 0000730
Reports to: Assistant Director, Finance
Full or Part-time: Full Time
Assists in the day-to-day operations of Finance with responsibilities including financial accounting and reporting. Provides significant assistance and support with Financial Services initiatives and finance system redesigns and implementations.
Finance & Accounting
1. As part of Finance, responsible for completeness and accuracy of accounting records and financial reporting.
2. Assists Finance staff in meeting daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual responsibilities.
3. Reviews, analyzes, and reconciles balance sheet and income statement accounts and posts journal entries, as assigned.
4. Assists with preparation of financial reports and preparation for and execution of financial statement and other audits.
5. Assists auditors by interpreting transactions, preparing worksheets, and analyzing accounts.
6. Performs all fixed asset accounting and physical asset tagging. Performs fixed asset physical inventories, as scheduled.
7. Prepares and maintains bank account reconciliations.
8. Compiles escheat data, reports on, and submits using State of Michigan software.
9. Responsible for property tax agreements, monitoring and collections, reporting, and estimating.
10. Works with Foundation and Financial Aid to reconcile private and Foundation awards records.
11. Works with Human Resources to reconcile employee benefit accounts monthly.
12. Reviews all Finance policies and procedures annually and updates as necessary.
Ellucian, Systems, & Other
13. Reviews finance operating systems and determines best practices to gain efficiencies and improve effectiveness, and assists in design, documentation, and implementation of systems and procedures. Current plans involve process reviews for procurement, accounts payable, payroll, professional development, and use of WorkFlows and Sharepoint.
14. Manages and assists with testing activities for new Banner functionality implementations, modules upgrades, and patches.
15. Maintains Banner approval queues and Cognos fund/org/account hierarchies.
16. Acts as integral member of Banner Core Team.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the direct supervision of Assistant Director of Finance, the Staff Accountant assists in the day-to-day operations of Finance and performs process reviews.
Bachelors’ degree in accounting, business, or finance required. Minimum of three years of experience in an accounting position or one year of public accounting experience preferred. Ellucian Banner experience highly preferred. Intermediate or advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word required. Ability to organize, analyze, prioritize, and communicate well are necessary.
Salary Range: $40,830 - $47,486
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official College transcripts required upon hire.
Open Date: 01/10/2019
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/3084
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesake’s breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our region’s future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the college’s facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMC’s main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet it’s less than a half-day’s drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency