Part-Time Term Instructor - Computer Information Systems (Open Pool)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Min Salary Salaries vary by class and/or contact hours Working Title Part-Time Term Instructor - Computer Information Systems (Open Pool) Campus Location Greeley FLSA Non-Exempt Position Type Faculty Full/Part-Time Posting Text Posting Number 201500042P Job Summary
Conduct assignments and co-curricular college activities in a manner consistent with the philosophy and purposes of Aims Community College as stated in the school catalog. The primary purpose of the faculty member is to teach. Also responsible for scholarly and creative activities (professional development) and service to the college.
Should have the knowledge/experience necessary to teach in the following areas:
1. Local and wide area networking using Microsoft 2008/2012 Server including Active Directory
2. Creating and deploying DHCP, DNS, file and application servers
3. Creating network policy user policy and profiles
4. Basic network scripting using Powershell, batch files
and /or VB script
5. Creating and deploying multi-platform workstations and stand-along servers. OS’s to include but not limited to Windows, LINUX, and MAC
6. Understanding of TCP/IP networking and other networking protocols
7. Knowledge on how to analyze, troubleshoot and fix network problems remotely and on-site.
8. Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel, Access
9. Teach – interact with students to provide opportunities to learn, create conditions that facilitate learning, and using techniques and methods that create a high probability that learning will occur.Functional Attributes of Job Duty Minimum Qualifications
1.Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
2.Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
3.Must have, or be eligible for a full-time Colorado Vocational Credential in Computer Information Systems at the post-secondary level issued by Aims Community College, CTE director, Brenda Rask.
4.This will require at least two years (4,000 hours) of approved experience in Computer Information Systems. The preference is 8,000 – 10,000 hours of work experience or a combination of work and teaching experience.
5.Previous teaching experience in Computer Information Systems.
6.Ability to coordinate curriculum presented in a Distance Learning format. Currently the college utilizes Desire to Learn Course Management software.
7.A commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy, including a sincere belief that each individual should be allowed an opportunity to succeed regardless of past experience.
8.Ability and willingness to work as team member as exhibited by a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility.
9.A willingness to take classes in teaching methods, curriculum development, assessment, computer applications, or other coursework deemed necessary by the department chair or academic dean.
1. Technical awareness of Packet Capturing Tools such as Wireshark, Network Miner, etc.
2. Knowledge on how to maintain and administer perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
3. Information Security professional with a strong cyber security background in one or more of the following topic areas: Intrusion Detection and Mitigation, Malware Analysis, Network Defense, Traffic Analysis and O/S Security.
4. Master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.Employment Requirements
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement,
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- Craig's List
- Greeley Tribune
- Longmont Times
- Denver Post
- Loveland Reporter Herald
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * Please select any of the following certifications that apply.
- Associate Computing Professional (ACP)
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP)
- Certified Computing Professional (CCP)
- Certified Data Management Professionals (CDMP)
- Ceritified IT Compliance Professional (CITCP)
- Certified IT Consultant (CITC)
- Information Systems Analyst (ISA)
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document