Facilities Building Specialist
Job Title: Facilities Building Specialist
Location: Facilities Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 4562
Staff Posting Details
Establish and maintain a clean and sanitized area for the campus community in the academic and residential buildings. Oral and verbal communication required. Read and write work orders, follow safety procedures. Assist other staff when needed. Provide ample customer service for clients in the building they serve. Be alert for unsafe conditions and report to supervisor and Security Services.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with the students about expectations; communicate with them to establish a relationship of trust and mutual respect.
- Communicate with faculty and meet their individual needs in the classrooms and offices.
- Communicate with supervisor verbally and in writing.
- Communicate and work with other university staff or university committees as needed.
- Help direct parents and answer questions as needed.
- Help alumni with directions to locations on campus, or provide equipment as requested.
- Required to do team cleaning when requested.
- Flexibility to change normal routine and cover other areas as coverage is required.
- Ability to lift/carry 51-75 pounds.
- Ability to push/pull 11-20 pounds.
- Required to participate when team cleaning is required to complete a job.
- Description of job tasks:
- Restroom cleaning and maintenance
- Clean showers
- Classroom maintenance
- Cleaning offices
- Trash removal
- Cleaning windows
- Sweeping & mopping floors
- Buffing floors
- Cleaning stair wells
- Clean building entrances
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Washington State driver’s license.
- 1 year of experience.
- Basic knowledge of housekeeping, floor care and carpet care.
- Knowledge of chemical and dilution ratio.
- Experience with carpet extractor, vacuums, automatic floor scrubber and buffers (high and low speed) desirable.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices--services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
When prompted to upload required documents, please upload resume. All additional documents can be uploaded within the application before submission. Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
- Letter of Interest
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;