UMH - Sr. Pharmacy Technician (U)
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-01-25
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:·Focuses on measuring medication and working directly with patients.
- Weighs, counts, measures and mixes medication.
- Handles inventory to ensure that the pharmacy is stocked with the appropriate amount of medications.
- Receives written prescription, fills prescriptions or refill requests and verifies that information is complete and accurate.
- Answers telephones and responds to questions or requests.
- Fills bottles with prescribed medications and type and affix labels.
- Assists customers by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Establishes and maintains patient profiles. Sets up and maintains patient records, including lists of medications taken by individual patients.
- Transfers medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes, using aseptic techniques.
- Supplies and monitors robotic machines that dispense medicine into containers.
- Prepares and processes medical insurance claim forms and handles insurance claims records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to efficiently and accurately follow instructions.
- Able to communicate effectively with third-parties, pharmacists and patients.
- High School Education.
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Florida Department of Health.
- One year of relevant work experience.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:U4