Duties: This is a full-time position with the Penn Injury Science Center (PISC), Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania. The Research Coordinator position involves coordinating PISC research projects as part of the SpaceTimeEpi research group, and assisting with program management of the May 2019 conference for the Center for Health Economics of Treatment Interventions for Substance Use Disorder, HCV, and HIV (CHERISH). Under supervision of the Deputy Director, this position will be split between the following key responsibilities: 1) the ReCoUPS Concussion Study: entering data, drafting reports, and contributing to long-term growth; 2) day-to-day operations and management of the CHERISH conference, Value in Substance Use Disorder Treatments. Interest in research, attention to detail, flexible, communicative and willing to be part of a growing and innovative team. Specific responsibilities include coordinating, tracking, entering data and preparing daily reports for physicians on participant concussion data, coordinating IRB documentation and compliance for new ReCoUPS participants; maintaining study databases, implementing intervention strategies, monitoring project timelines, assisting with the preparation of materials to disseminate study results, data entry/management, and assisting the principal investigator as needed. Responsibilities for the CHERISH conference coordination include coordinating the implementation and evaluation of the 2019 conference, communicating with conference attendees and participants, liaising with all conference organizers and planning, and assisting the director leads of the Policy and Dissemination Core of CHERISH as needed.
* Recruit youth participants from clinical and community settings and administer in-person surveys
* Perform outreach to and manage study logistics with multiple clinical and community sites
* Screen patients for study eligibility
* Conduct semi-structured interviews with adolescents
* Participate in qualitative (content) analysis of transcribed data
* Maintain study databases including online survey platforms
* Assist with IRB documentation and compliance
* Attend team meetings
* Prepare and review materials for study result dissemination and grant applications
* Prepare and review program materials for outreach programming
* Travel among community sites within the greater Philadelphia area, typically within the city of Philadelphia using UBER
Qualifications: BA/BS and a minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience in program and/or research coordination or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. MPH degree is not required, but preferred.
The successful candidate must have outstanding interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
Strong computer skills are essential. The candidate should be comfortable doing a variety of tasks, be able to balance and prioritize multiple commitments, and be proficient at multi-tasking and independent problem solving.
Knowledge of IRB and human research protection regulations is preferred.
Background check required. Must pass Pennsylvania's Child Protective Services Act (also known as Act 73) background checks, within 30-90 days of employment. Valid drivers license required.
Reference Number: 40-30876
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: BE-Epidemiology Division
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research