Location: Santa Ana College
Position Type: Faculty
Posting Close Date: 03/01/2019
Counselors provide academic, career and personal counseling by assisting current and prospective students with course and program information, career exploration, educational planning, career selection, and the identification and exploration of personal concerns. They provide assessment opportunities and use the results in helping students with course and program selection. Counselors may teach courses as assigned by the Dean of Counseling. They provide assistance to students on academic probation and assist in the monitoring of student progress with emphasis in helping students to achieve their educational goals. When appropriate, they refer students to other student services programs or community resources. They may participate in staff development and in-service training activities. They perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Applicants must meet one of the following):
• Possess from an accredited institution: A master's degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling, OR bachelor's degree in one of the above listed degrees AND a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), OR
• Possess a valid California Community College credential authorizing service in the discipline, OR
• The equivalent (applicants who do not meet the above minimum qualifications must complete the Equivalencies Section in the application form and provide conclusive evidence of such).
• Two years of educational counseling experience.
• Experience in teaching students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and widely varying levels of proficiency preferred.
• A working knowledge of and experience with student learning outcomes and assessment.
Method of Application
For consideration in the selection process, interested persons must complete the RSCCD application and upload all required documents online by the specified closing date for the position. If you do not have a computer, there is a computer which can only access RSCCD employment website and scanner to upload application materials/documents (no USB) available at the Human Resources Department, 2323 North Broadway, Santa Ana, California, 92706, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Please upload the following application materials in the appropriate boxes with your online application by the closing date:
• Resume (Required)
• Unofficial Transcripts showing that the minimum qualifications are met (Required)
• Written responses to supplemental questions, 3-4 pages in length; double spaced (Required)
1. Explain your service on committees and your involvement with campus-wide activities in a community college setting.
2. Specify the community college counseling assignments you have held and the number of hours you worked per week on these assignments.
3. What career development activities, assessments, and/or experiences help students decide on a major and career goal? Provide explanatory details for your response.
• Any additional supplemental materials (Optional)
To apply, visit: https://rsccd.iGreentree.com/CSS_Academic/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=AC19-0718
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency