LaFetra College of Education Analyst
Job Vacancy AnnouncementPosition Information Functional Title LaFetra College of Education Analyst Position Type Administrative/Professional Appointment Type Regular FTE %
100Work Schedule (if atypical) Job Description Summary
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
>>>If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
This position systematizes effective data efforts in creating various metric systems in gathering institutional data, interpreting/analyzing data, and reporting the analytical findings to promote evidence based decision making. The key responsibility domains are: 1) Budget Development 2) Budget Management & Control 3) Enrollment Data Management 4) Student & Alumni Data Management 5) Continuous Improvement Metrics 6) Data Warehousing 7) Reporting 8) DevelopmentSpecific Duties
- Budget Development: Develop budget plans for LFCE and manage/monitor operating budget costs and expenditures. Oversee and manage LFCE Center budgets, including allocation and control of funds. Make sound justifications for budget adjustments and/or reallocation of funds. Develop budget template for Program Chairs to use for budget planning/forecasting. Develop and implement various budget reports.
- Budget Management & Control: Conduct financial analysis and prepare monthly reports for budgets versus actuals, budget reconciliation, fiscal projections, and make informed projections based on actual or historic trends. Identify, evaluate, and recommend various implementations and controls. Process budget change requests, prepare GL journal entries and/or transfers, and set-up new accounts or restricted accounts.
- Enrollment Data Management: Analyze, evaluate, and interpret various data surrounding enrollment planning and management; including program retention rates, enrollment trends, economic trends, program enrollment forecasting versus enrollment actuals. Develop enrollment forecasting models based on historical patterns and data. Audit historical and actual classroom size data and develop tracking system to systematize processes. Implement various protocols to safeguard various data and manage program enrollment equity.
- Student & Alumni Data Management: Analyze and evaluate student success data, including but not limited to student driven statistics, retention rates, transfer rates, graduation rates and evaluate various percentiles. Analyze and evaluate LFCE alumni data, including but not limited to creating a data warehouse for LFCE alumni data, alumni employment outcomes, etc.
- Continuous Improvement Metrics: Create a faculty workload tracking system to analyze faculty workloads, including course releases, course management, overload contracts, stipend payments, research efforts, publications, and faculty projects. Implement an efficient time based data management system to effectively track faculty tenure promotion data, qualifications, timeline, and/or restrictions. Analyze and evaluate faculty workload data and compile various reports to identify workload inequities, including auditing pay exceptions.
- Continuous Improvement Metrics: Collaborate with various staff and Dean’s Office in collecting vital data surrounding strategic plan initiatives, metrics, and institutional research/data. Collaborate with various staff and Dean’s Office in creating an LFCE Fact Book with various student success statistics and program data. Collaborate with Program Chairs and faculty to capture qualitative and quantitative data to relay impact and effectiveness of LFCE Programs.
- Data Warehousing: Effectively systemize data warehousing for external contractual data, including but not limited to Master Service Agreements for new and/or existing external partnerships with other institutions, school districts, hospitals and/or vendors. Implement a comprehensive data warehousing system for contractual data, curriculum data, enrollment data, program data, student/alumni data and other continuous improvement data.
- Reporting: Report various budgetary and data findings, including recommending various adjustments, options, and/or recommendations surrounding budgetary data, program data, enrollment data, and/or other continuous improvement data relevant to Program Chairs and/or Dean’s Office. Communicate evaluative findings surrounding various data analysis, projections, outcomes, etc.
- Development: Collaborate with the Office of Advancement and Development Officer in creating, updating and compiling a comprehensive database of LFCE alumni and/or other external potential donors. Standardize prospecting methodologies to support short and long term development objectives.
- 3 years’ administrative experience in a service-oriented environment, preferably within a higher education setting
- 3 years’ budgetary and/or fiscal experience with the ability to develop budget proposals, manage operational expenditures, and analyze financial data
- 3 years’ experience in providing operational support for projects and/or events
- 3 years’ experience working with Microsoft Office functions (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 3 years’ experience evaluating various data metrics
- Knowledge and skilled in working with various budgets, including developing and managing budgets.
- Knowledge and skilled in intermediate accounting functions, including posting journal entries, account transfers, reviewing expenditures, and income statements
- Skilled in evaluating various data collecting methodologies, data warehousing, and interpreting data through various reports to communicate findings/outcomes
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and ability to organize various data, models, and/or pivot tables
- Knowledge in working with Degree Works, Campus Labs, and/or Banner system
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
U.S. News & World Report rates La Verne Online No. 1 in California for the third consecutive year and 24th best in the country. Washington Monthly’s 2016 “America’s Best Colleges for Adult Learners” rankings place La Verne No. 3 among private, 4-year institutions in California.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Referred by University of La Verne Employee
- University of La Verne Website
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1