Program Assistant IV MA in International Studies
Program Assistant IV MA in International Studies
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Program Assistant IV -MA in International Studies
Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean for Social Sciences and under the direction of the Graduate Program Director, the Program Assistant IV will provide full-time
secretarial support services to the Graduate Program in International Studies. Performs various secretarial and administrative support duties for full- and part-time faculty.
Full Job Description:
- Exercises independent judgment and decision-making abilities, organizes work and sets priorities, and manages Program Office under the general guidance of the Program Director.
- Helps create warm, welcoming environment and assists faculty, students,staff and other visitors to the office.
- Acts as a resource person/liaison between and among faculty, students, and the University community, as well as members of the public.
- Receives and screens a variety of calls.
- Takes information, answers inquiries, provides information using knowledge of University, College and Department/Program academic policies and procedures.
- Creates and develops new office work procedures to increase efficiency, maintenance of confidentiality, or work flow using knowledge of operations and creative problem solving techniques; designs new forms, as appropriate, to implement changes.
- Handles confidential,sensitive materials relating to faculty, student and other issues.
- Provides administrative support for professional and scholarly activities of the faculty.
- Assists with planning and coordinating events and meetings for the Department/Program.
- Processes invoices and purchases supplies and other support for the department.
- Hires, trains and supervises student assistant(s).
- Creates or inputs, revises, stores, retrieves, edits and prints a variety of (sometimes confidential) documents, reports, or records using word processing software on computer equipment. Prepares and does minor editing of manuscripts (e.g., technical manuscripts, those written in a foreign language), reports, grant proposals, catalog copy, meeting minutes, class schedules, tests, and course syllabi and manuals, as well as routine program correspondence.
- Sets up, maintains and revises record-keeping procedures and files as appropriate for the Department/Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma, or equivalent, college preferred
- Three to five years of experience in performing work relevant to the position, preferably in a higher education or business setting, are required.
- Must possess proven ability to provide high-quality, administrative support to busy College Office.
- Must be able to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team.
- Possesses an ability to handle diverse situations and meet demanding deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and functions.
- Must be able to deal with faculty, students, staff, academic community and the public with tact, discretion, and courtesy; contribute to professional environment.
- Experience in student services/student advising preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge and ability to work with computers (Macintosh preferred).
- Ability to word process with speed and accuracy.
- Must be flexible and readily adaptable to change, have good organizational skills and be able to prioritize masses of detail.
- Must have or quickly develop an understanding of academic policy and administrative operations.
- Ability to use desktop publishing software and equipment to design and produce high quality publications preferred.
- Previous experience in an educational, multicultural setting preferred.
- Must have, or quickly develop, understanding of academic policy and administrative operations as well as credible stature with members of the academic community and public.
Minimum Hire-In Rate: $46,735 .00
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Program-Assistant-IV--MA-in-International-Studies_R0000393.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency