A/V Media Technician III, Digital Media Services Department - Information Technology
1/25/2019A/V Media Technician III, Digital Media Services Department - Information Technology Tracking Code000190 Job Description
Information Technology (IT) supports the vision, values, mission, and goals of the University through providing IT infrastructure, systems, administrative applications, academic resources and related services to faculty, students and staff. Embracing DU’s Impact 2025, the division partners with administrative and academic units to align strategic goals and operational plans, providing unified service in the spirit of One DU.
The Digital Media Services Department, located within the Anderson Academic Commons, provides customer focused support for audio, digital, and visual technology resources campus-wide, at the University of Denver, which includes: general and a variety of non-general classrooms, audio visual event resources and requests, video production services, video streaming for live events, audio visual services for commencement, video teleconferencing, audio visual design consultation services, and senior level and board of trustee meetings on and off campus.
Reporting to the Manager of Classroom & Event Support, this position is responsible for delivering audio visual technology support for University events, conferencing events, and special events, along with support for video conferencing services. The work schedule is Tuesday through Friday 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm, and Saturday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. The position participates within the Digital Media Services team environment, possesses an understanding of established procedures, and has the ability to apply skills and knowledge in multiple functions.
The work environment is a university with cyclical periods of increased workloads with the possibility of moderate to high stress levels. The department is highly automated with attention paid to ergonomics and safety. The unit is one of several working collaboratively and cooperatively in a team-based organization. The position may require working irregular hours including both weekends and evenings. The work environment consists of surroundings with moderate noise levels and frequent contact with electrical devices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions which include: Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time. Stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; teach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl under desk/tables to troubleshoot cables and network connections; talk or hear; walk-up flights of stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Set up, test and operate A/V equipment in accordance with the acoustics of the room and select, place, and adjust microphones for University events.
- Perform proper recording techniques to insure quality recordings.
- Instruct faculty, staff and students in the operations of A/V equipment including LCD projectors, document cameras, DVD/Blu-Ray players, Flat Screen Monitors, mixers, microphones, laptops, and computers.
- Operate controls to maintain correct sound levels for events.
- Provide information to principal users regarding policies and procedures for all media services.
- Perform video conferencing and teleconferencing services.
- Mixing, regulating, coordinating of sound inputs.
- Provide customer service and technical assistance to patrons using University classroom equipment over the phone and on-site.
- Perform basic repairs and log problems in ticketing system.
- Provides backup support for all units within the University Multimedia Services department.
- Maintain equipment on a routine basis.
- Perform periodic inventories as needed.
- Maintains an inventory of event equipment, software, and materials.
- Maintains an aging schedule for equipment rotation.
Team Member/Other Duties as Assigned
- Participates as a member of the department’s team structure and performs other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Must be able to communicate with diplomacy, tact, and judgment, both in person and on the telephone.
Basic math skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Live Sound Engineering.
Navigation of OS and Windows based operating systems.
Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, organize work, set priorities and develop possible solutions for problems.
Ability to prioritize work requests and be able to concentrate and not be distracted while performing task.
Good organizational skills, punctuality, and dependability.
Ability to interact with all members of the University community.
Ability to perform well under pressure and be able to change behavior in relation to others actions.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Prior experience working with audio visual, video, and computer equipment.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in producing digital media and technology.
- 1-3 years of experience with audio visual, video, and computer equipment preferable in a college or university environment.
- Crestron Certification.
- CTS certification.
- Stage Hand experience.
Tuesday through Friday, 3:00pm - 11:00pm, and Saturday, 8:00am - 4:00pm.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) on Thursday, February 7, 2019. Applications may be accepted and reviewed until position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.DepartmentUTS-Customer Service (401200)Position TypeFull-Time/RegularSalary18.93 - 20.50 USD