Systems Engineer II - Information Technology
1/25/2019Systems Engineer II - Information Technology Tracking Code002656 Job Description
The Architecture & Engineering (A&E) team is responsible for all systems, hardware, software and datacenter Information Technology (IT) is the unified IT organization that supports the vision, values, mission, and goals of the University by providing IT infrastructure, systems, administrative applications, academic resources and related services to faculty, students and staff. Embracing DU’s Impact 2025, the division aligns IT resources with University and unit strategic goals and operational plans, providing service in the spirit of “One DU”.
The IT Architecture & Engineering (A&E) team is responsible for implementation, operation and support of all hardware, servers and data center infrastructure required in support of university applications and services. This includes but is not limited to physical servers, operating systems, storage, virtual server infrastructure, AAA services, utilities, networking and data center infrastructure (power, cooling, UPS).
Architecture and Engineering Systems Engineer II assists with the design and implementation of hardware, software, and cloud-based solutions to meet the needs of the University of Denver user community. The Systems Engineer II consults with employees, faculty, students and researchers on the use of technology and research methods necessary to meet university objectives. The Systems Engineer II collaborates with university department members, where needed, to identify areas where the IT team can lend assistance in the identification, acquisition and implementation and documentation of technical solutions.
- As assigned, assist in the design, implementation and management of IT technical solutions.
- Collaborate with other departments, as needed, to provide access and support to IT services and infrastructure.
- Where necessary, document and train faculty, students and employees in the use of IT services and infrastructure.
- When necessary, provide Tier 3 technical support for IT solutions and services.
- Consult with University IT Helpdesk and specific vendor customer support functions as necessary to address performance and service availability issues.
- Responsible for driving the “One DU” culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Ability to document work performed, processes, and configurations of systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Attention to detail.
- Intermediate analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, telecommunications or related field.
- 3+ years experience with Office 365 Administration including Exchange Hybrid.
- 3+ years experience with Active Directory Administration, GPO, Sites and user lifecycle management.
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft Azure & Amazon AWS Server configuration & deployment.
- Experience with VMware.
- Experience with DNS, DHCP design, Cisco Network Registrar and Microsoft DNS.
- Experience with Hitachi storage.
- Experience with F5 load balancers and Web Application Firewalls.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Thursday, February 7, 2019. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.DepartmentUTS-Service Operations (401800)Position TypeFull-Time/Regular