Business Systems Analyst II - Information Technology
1/15/2019Business Systems Analyst II - Information Technology Tracking Code005766 Job Description
Dedicated to quality, innovation, engagement, integrity and inclusion, University Technology Services/Enterprise Application Services (UTS/EAS) maintains the highest standards in providing a wide range of software solutions to units throughout the University. UTS/EAS maintains software systems that support the University’s core business as well as develops custom applications in partnership with DU departments to enhance services to our community. Our services range from consultation to implementation to continuous support of software solutions. Services include:
- Software implementation, support, and development
- Secure access to institutional information
- Database development and administration
- Data interfaces
- Document Management
- Workflow solutions
- Business Process analysis and improvements
- Consultation with DU departments on software development or purchase
- Data Warehouse administration, reporting and data mining
- Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, and Dashboards
- Application configuration and support
UTS/EAS ensures the current and future software applications are efficient and effective, maintains an appropriate balance between leading-edge activities and core business processes, and provides appropriate information access and data security. UTS/EAS is responsible for all aspects of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Database Management, Data Warehouse administration, Information Analytics (BI), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, Learning Management System (LMS), Document Management and Workflow.
The Business Analyst II reports to the IT/Enterprise Application Services (IT/EAS) department within the central technology division of Information Technology (IT). The Business Analyst is physically located in the Shared Services Center and works in close collaboration with the application developers in IT/EAS and the Shared Services staff.
The Business Analyst II is primarily responsible for the configuration and support of multiple applications (e.g. Expense Management, e-Procurement etc.), business process needs analysis, and financial data reporting and analysis. This position will interface with Shared Services, software vendors, and IT/EAS application developers to maintain and support applications and interfaces. This position will also be responsible for responding to production support issues, coordinating system enhancements and upgrades, managing cross-functional projects, and providing day to day application and reporting support to the Shared Services team.
- Functional subject matter expert on financial systems, including but not limited to the accounts payable and procurement modules within the University's ERP, Ellucian Banner; Concur Travel and Expense Management; and e-Procurement system.
- Provide application support to the Shared Services team.
- Perform functional configuration tasks to satisfy requests from end users for enhancements and fixes.
- Work with IT/EAS to coordinate design, testing, and deployment of system enhancements.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and track software issues to ensure resolution.
- Develop recommendations and coordinate issue resolution with Enterprise Application Services and software vendors.
- Document and communicate problem resolutions.
- Analyze current processes and tools.
- Make recommendations for development, improvement, or simplification.
- In partnership with IT/EAS Training Specialist and Shared Services, develop appropriate training materials to support end user training.
- Research, configure, and schedule standardized reports within the applications.
- Create ad-hoc reports, data queries, standard reports, and dashboards to support business needs.
- Responsible for multiple projects or large complex projects with cross-functional teams.
- Primary technology liaison between the Shared Services team and IT/EAS.
- Coordinate regularly scheduled meetings with IT/EAS and Shared Services.
- Partner with Shared Services and IT/EAS development team to prioritize projects using IT prioritization rubric.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General understanding of finance and accounting practices.
- Solid foundational understanding of Microsoft Office products Excel and Word.
- Ability to gather detailed business requirements and analyze business processes and data.
- Ability to provide system support and training.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence, policies, and technical procedures.
- Ability to utilize general mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply concepts and analyze relevant data.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Work effectively in team environment.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use intuition and apply knowledge from previous experiences.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service and innovative problem solving.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a business analyst position.
- 3-5 years of work experience as an application administrator or business analyst.
- Experience administrating financial systems such as Expense Management, e-Procurement, Accounts Payable, etc.
- Experience with SQL.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer information systems, management information systems or other related field.
- Experience in a higher education working environment.
- Experience with reporting software.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Monday, January 28, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.DepartmentUTS-Enterprise Services (399400)Position TypeFull-Time/Regular