Program Assistant, The Bridge Project - Graduate School of Social Work
1/2/2019Program Assistant, The Bridge Project - Graduate School of Social Work Tracking Code003803 Job Description
The Bridge Project is a community outreach program of the Graduate School of Social Work at the University of Denver. The program was created in 1991 through a collaboration involving community representatives and faculty members at the University of Denver. Program activities at the Bridge Project aim to reduce educational barriers and improve academic and behavioral outcomes for children residing in five Denver public housing communities. Program components include structured curricula that seek to increase participant’s literacy, math and science skills. Academic tutoring, technology training, and social and emotional skill development are also offered to all Bridge Project students.
The Program Assistant position reports to the Site Director. This position is responsible for overseeing office management at the site, registration of all participants, collecting and recording data, preparing reports, USDA data report for site, submitting accurate hours for payroll of hourly employees, assisting with special events, site managing on specific days and maintaining office equipment at the site. The position also requires recruiting and maintaining positive relationships with participants and families as well as assisting with the administration of the tutoring program.
- Data Collection: Responsible for data collection for activities and hours for all participants and volunteers at the site. In addition, this position prepares reports and lists as requested by the Site Director.
- Afterschool and Summer Program Assistance & Administration: Manages the site when necessary in the after school program and in the summer literacy program. Assists with site management on a daily basis maintaining positive relationships with participants and families of the Bridge Project. Recruits participants and makes reminder calls for program activities. Assures that all Bridge participants have completed registrations, including permission slips prior to field trips.
- Office Management: In conjunction with the Site Director, responsible for managing the office including the communication of messages, resolving maintenance issues, the filing system, supply necessary forms and keeping office equipment functioning.
- USDA Supper Program: Manage the USDA After School Supper program at site. This requires preparing menus and ordering food online when needed, maintaining vendor records, assure all food has been temped and arrives on-time for consumption; assure food is used in a timely manner, waste is avoided and accurate required records are kept and submitted by the due date.
- Tutoring Program Administrative Support: Assists Site Director and Educator in coordinating the schedule of the tutoring program. Schedule tutors and confirm accuracy of sign in sheets. Track hours and maintain schedule for daily tutors. Accurately report tutor/volunteer hours.
- Team Member: Participate as a member of the Bridge Team, assisting with projects and problem solving to ensure the success and quality of the program.
- This position requires person to be flexible.
- This position requires driving between four Bridge sites and main administrative office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to write reports, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, outside agencies, program participants and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only some standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work effectively within diverse areas of an organization.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word for Windows, Excel spreadsheets including computations and use formulas.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Knowledge of set up, adjustments and operational procedures of work-related equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely and effectively with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, parents, children and partner agencies.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities concurrently, while paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Public relations skills.
- High school diploma.
- 2 years of related administrative experience and/or training.
- Experience in low-income diverse community setting with children ages 5-18.
- Experience with bookkeeping, maintaining records and database and providing administrative support to other employees.
- Associate's degree.
- Experience in managing and navigating databases.
- Experience managing websites and social media sites.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese.
During the school year, Monday - Thursday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm.
During the summer months, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.DepartmentBridge Project (19)Position TypeFull-Time/RegularSalary16.50 - 16.50 USD