Student Services Coach
Job location: VA Alexandria Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-01-24
The Student Services Coach provides a high level of student service and support to students via a variety of communication vehicles. Primary responsibilities include: guiding assigned group of students to achieve academic success, helping motivate, advise, assist with course selection, and assist with the enrollment process to help all students meet their educational goals. Additionally, the Student Services Coach establishes Student Financial Services compliance with all policies and procedures of Strayer University. The Student Services Coach assists with managing collections, bad debt, and finalization of student registrations.
**shifts include: Monday thru Friday, both 9 am to 6 pm / 11 am to 8pm, plus rotating Saturday's typically 9 am to 1 pm (occasionally until 3pm)**
- Support students through their academic careers.
- Proactively advise groups of assigned students by phone, email, and text.
- Address and resolve student problems through research, collaboration, and follow up.
- Act as a point of contact to handle student account inquiries and follow up with all received emails and voicemails within one business day.
- Document all student interaction through University applications.
- Help students create academic plans.
- Assist students electing to use financial aid with the appropriate application process and conduct on-going follow-up with students and/or Corporate’s Student Financial Services to resolve issues.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of student payment plans, to include monitoring student accounts and communicating with students to resolve outstanding balances.
- Ensure that the finalization of student registrations are in accordance with established University policy.
- Monitor and outreach to students based on attendance, intervene with early at risk students, and assist students through the satisfactory academic progress process.
- Implement activities to manage quarterly collection and bad debt expenses.
- Monitor policy compliance in accordance with Strayer University, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Inform students of tutoring and other University resources.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- At least 3 years’ experience in an educational setting providing direct service to students or 3 years’ experience in a customer service-focused environment.
- Adult education college or university experience preferred.
- Driven and committed to excellence
- Understand and uphold the University mission and goals
- Highly curious, creative, and open minded
- Exceptional student service skills
- Embrace and drive change
- Create a positive and informative environment for students and peers
- Pursue self-development and learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about student success
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills
- Commitment to working in collaborative environment
- Full computer proficiency in all Microsoft products
- Able to easily navigate other software programs and forms of technology as needed
- Data entry and phone skills
- Commitment to ethics and compliance with University policies and applicable laws and regulations
- Detail oriented and practices active listening
- Public speaking
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, collections, and financial aid processes.
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be able to travel 20% of time.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity.
A credit check will be conducted on applicants for particular job categories, such as Student Financial Services and Student Services positions, in accordance with applicable law. An offer of employment for a position that requires a credit check will be made contingent upon Strayer’s receipt of a satisfactory credit report.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]