Adjunct Faculty in Finance - Graduate (On Ground)
Job location: MD White Marsh Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-01-24
Provides quality education and maintains high standards of academic excellence in teaching assigned courses in discipline. Conducts office hours as assigned.
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can change lives? Strayer University is seeking a dynamic Adjunct Faculty member to join our academics team. We are currently in search of a passionate professor for an on-ground graduate level Finance class for the upcoming Spring quarter, starting April 1, 2019. Our classes are on a 12-week quarter schedule and typically run one evening per week from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Strayer Adjunct Faculty are not just instructors, they are also coaches and mentors. Our faculty members strive to ignite a life-long love of learning in our students, and to be flexible with their diverse learning styles. We believe in a strong faculty-student relationship and building a community in the classroom.
NOTE: Applications must include copies of unofficial transcripts to receive full consideration.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Teach courses assigned from a pre-designed curriculum and utilize your professional expertise to provide high quality instruction
- Enhance the strength and effectiveness of the curriculum by infusing technology into it, to include videos and social media.
- Utilize online learning platform (Blackboard) to enrich the student learning experience
- Be available to students via email, phone, text and office hours to ensure students receive quality feedback in a timely manner to support their academic success
- Experience teaching at a college level, preferably with adult learners
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
- All degrees must be conferred and from an accredited institution to be considered
- Doctorate in Finance
- Doctorate in Business with a concentration in Finance
- Doctorate in Business with a Master's in Finance
- 5 years of professional experience in Finance, required
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the university
- Manage potentially stressful situations in a professional and ethical manner
- Mobility within the office, including movement from floor to floor
- Must be able to lift one (1) pound
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]