P-TECH Nursing Academic Advisor
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2019-019
Posting Start Date: 1/24/2019
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $28.84 p/h
P-TECH Nursing Academic Advisor Description/Job Summary
- Provides academic advising of undergraduate students in the P-TECH nursing pathway for completion in the BCCC nursing program.
- In collaboration with UMSON, develop mentor-mentee orientation process, roles, responsibilities, and expectations.
- Provides academic advising regarding all relevant curriculum areas- course requirements and selection, policies and procedures, scholastic standards, new freshman and transfer issues, as appropriate for students enrolled in the P-TECH nursing pathway.
- Facilitates P-TECH nursing students’ academic progress by assessing their needs and developing appropriate educational plans.
- Maintains student academic files to demonstrate academic progression metrics. The tracking activities include documentation of each P-TECH student advising meeting sessions; electronic monitoring; enrollment, progression and graduation metrics and utilization of Gap analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in counseling or related field
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in academic advising or counseling
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education;
- Experience with Canvass or other LMS;
- Experience in outcomes assessment;
- Experience designing marketing and education materials
- Experience in public speaking in an institution to students directly and in groups
- Experience in advising students pursuing health professions careers
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend × Subject: Your email address: Recipient's email address: Personal message: I came across this job and thought you may be interested. Human Verification: Send E-mail