Director of Human Resources
Delaware County Community College, located in the heart of Delaware County, is looking for a dynamic Director of Human Resources, who will report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for assisting the Vice President of HR with the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function. The HR Director will have direct responsibilities of overseeing the policies and programs covering employment, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations, employee recruitment and retention, and compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Leads or directs investigations of complaints and allegations of inappropriate employee behavior.
- Advises employees and supervisors regarding performance and disciplinary issues, administers progressive discipline and grievance procedures consistently, listens to employee and supervisor concerns, conducts investigations as needed, and recommends a plan of action.
- Supervises the HR Generalists in the Human Resource Department.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completion of the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) report.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the College’s human resource information system to meet personnel information needs, from both the College’s and the employees’ perspective.
- Assist the VP of HR in overseeing the College-wide recruitment initiatives and planning of staffing in conjunction with the College’s Administration to ensure effective delivery of employment services and the hiring and retention of a diverse faculty and staff.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind resignations.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities as it relates to personnel matters.
- Represents the department and serves as a resource by participating on various College committees.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of various cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current on best Human Resources practices through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Vice President for Human Resources.
- Contributes to the overall success of the College by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master's preferred) in Human Resources or related discipline and
- 7 to 10 years of progressive human resources experience;
- Experience within a college or university system is preferred;
- Professional certification in human resources management is required;
- Significant experience and competence in managing the human resources function for a large, dynamic employer;
- Experience with current human resources law and regulatory provisions, such as FLSA, FMLA, ACA, ADA, ADAAA and other DOL regulations, workers’ compensation, payroll taxes, and garnishments, HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of human resources management, benefits, payroll, records, classification and compensation, employee relations, recruiting and hiring, and learning and development.
- Demonstrated understanding of labor relations in a collective bargaining environment.
- Demonstrated track record of commitment to diversity and customer service; Integrity and strong commitment to fiduciary responsibility for the areas under management.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities; Excellent analytical, writing, and presentation skills; Significant experience with computer technology
DCCC is an equal opportunity employer.