College Success Advisor - Williamson Campus
Columbia State Community College is recruiting for a College Success Advisor – Williamson Campus
This position will provide holistic student support services, intrusive academic advising and outreach to new students. The incumbent will guide students through the entire on-boarding, enrollment and advisement process which includes but is not limited to areas such as admissions, career counseling, financial aid, academic planning, academic advising, and class scheduling. The incumbent will respond to alerts for a-risk students provided by college staff and work closely with college resources including counseling, disability services, and testing as support mechanisms. This position will serve as a mentor and coach throughout the academic tenure of assigned student supporting them from enrollment to graduation (in collaboration with faculty advisors upon the student’s completion of select benchmarks).
This position will be based at the Williamson County Campus.
1. Assist students in the completion of on-boarding, application, and admissions to the college;
2. Assist students with career exploration and choice of academic major;
3. Identify academically at-risk students
4. Assist students in developing an Academic Plan for timely completion;
5. Assist students in accessing resources for academic, financial and/or personal support;
6. Serve as an academic advisor
7. Coach and mentor students providing support in their academic career;
8. Coordinate with college personnel to resolve personal and financial issues that are barriers to student success;
9. Maintain detailed records of student interactions and assures accurate tracking of individual student interventions and outcomes for at risk students.
10. Guides at risk students at critical junctures in exploring career/transfer options and developing alternativeacademic plans including the facilitation of appropriate interventions.
11. Create individual educational plans and develop/coordinate appropriate interventions;
12. Maintain a flexible schedule for student advisement appointments;
13. Collaborate with faculty and staff on the delivery of support components;
14. Assist students/faculty advisors with completing Admissions, Financial Aid requirements and SAP Appeals;
15. Promote visibility of Student Success Coach through outreach to students and faculty;
16. Collaborate on individual student success strategies with faculty advisors;
17. Participate in specialized training.
18. Maintain currency of advising information in electronic and print publications.
19. Supports the AVP in assuring the development of individual academic plans and monitoring student progress toward completion.
20. Monitors curricular changes and the impact of changes on students’ completion goals.
21. Assists the AVP of Planning, Effectiveness, and Retention with developing and carrying out an effective data- informed retention plan for students most at risk of not completing their program of study.
1. Serves on college committees.
2. Participates in other college activities
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
4. Recommends additions to the schedule of classes to assure course availability for completion identified as a result of direct work with students.
Requirements of the Position
Education, Training and Experience Required:
1. Bachelors degree
2. Minimum of 3 years full-time experience in Student Services/Academic or Career Counseling/Teaching
Education, Training and Experience Preferred:
1. Master’s degree
2. Academic Advising Experience
3. Post Secondary Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Work Characteristics:
1. Ability to solve complex problems and manage responsibilities with minimal supervision.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills;
3. Knowledge of personal counseling, career counseling, and testing; conflict-resolution and referral skills.
4. Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
5. Excellent presentation skills.
6. Ability to work with diverse faculty, staff, students, and community members.
7. Ability to work well as an effective team member.
8. Computer, office management, and organizational skills.
9. Excellent recordkeeping/case management skills.
10. Proficient in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.;
11. Experience with Banner Software is a plus;
12. Experience with Banner Document Management System is a plus;
1. Work schedule is 37.5 hours Monday through Friday. Schedule flexibility including some evening and weekend hours may be required occasionally within the 37.5 work week.
2. Ability to work flexible hours.
3. Ability to travel to sites and centers within 9-county service area; ability to travel to meetings as needed.
4. Normal sitting and movement in an office environment.
5. Visual and hand usage of personal computer.
This position will be based at the Williamson Campus
Hiring Salary Range: $34,000 - $44,560
For more information, or to apply for this position, please go to the link at https://www.tbr.edu/hr/institution-jobs and Click on the Columbia State Community College View Opportunities link.
Applications for this position are accepted through the on-line process only.
Columbia State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.