Financial and Administration Manager, CNS
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Financial and Administration Manager, CNS
Posting Number: S01181
Regular, Temporary or Term: Regular
If temporary or term, anticipated end date: N/A
Benefits Eligible?: Yes
Hiring Minimum: $25.74/hour
Department: James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS)
Location: Monterey, CA campus
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening: Criminal Background check
The Finance and Administration Manager at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS) provides analytical and reporting support on budget and financial issues to CNS Director and oversees the Center's financial operations, budget and financial planning, reporting, and payroll allocations; communicates with funders, vendors, and consultants. The Financial and Administration Manager serves as a liaison between the Center and the Institute and Middlebury College on budget and financial issues. He/she reports to CNS Director. This is a full-time staff position.
• Provides budget review and analysis of CNS as a whole and its individual programs and projects
• Under the guidance from CNS Director develops the Center's budget, and monitors its implementation and reporting
• Performs critical review of budgets versus actual performance and expenditures
• Prepares budget and financial models and regular reports for the CNS Director on actual CNS budget performance
• Provides guidance and input for individual program budgets
• Provides budget analysis and manages the development of financial reports for grants and contracts
• Serves as a budget resource for principal investigators of projects and programs
• Ensures that payroll charges, rent, communications, IT and other needs are covered and billed against appropriate grants and contracts;
• Interacts with foundation officers and government funders on financial, reporting, and record-keeping issues during pre- and post-award communications;
• Reviews and signs CNS reimbursements, contracts with outside vendors and consultants;
• Serves as main CNS point of contact with MIIS and Middlebury, Vermont, Finance and Tax Offices on financial and administrative issues;
• Leads the development of step-by-step procedures for CNS staff on financial, administrative, and operational matters and ensures CNS compliance with MIIS and Middlebury policies and procedures
• Provides recommendations on CNS budget procedures and policies, the use of specialized software and other support tools for budget monitoring
• Provides training to staff and students on budget and financial procedures and the use of relevant software and tools
• Assists CNS Director, Deputy Director, and program directors in hiring of new personnel;
• Oversees IT and equipment needs and acquisition at CNS;
• Oversees and implements information security policies and recommendations as they relate to financial and other sensitive information pertinent to this position.
Other duties as assigned.
Education:									• A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business administration. Master's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify complex problems, review related information, and develop and evaluate options
• Proven ability to take advantage of opportunities to create efficiency and improve process
• Ability to exercise judgement and discretion
• Knowledge of and proficiency with preparing budgets, monitoring expenses, and preparing grants and contracts reports
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, database software
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to multi-task
• Excellent record-keeping skills
• Ability to manage time-sensitive projects
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students
• Ability to monitor and enforce financial procedures, and function well under pressure
• Ability to prioritize essential tasks, have initiative and good decision-making skills
• Minimum eight years' experience in accounting, budgeting, and fiscal reporting. Experience of working in a non-profit or academic setting is desirable.
• Familiarity with CNS, MIIS and Middlebury financial, personnel, and administrative procedures is a plus
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Position requires light to moderate physical effort and the ability to work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
Open Until Filled: Yes						Special Instructions to Applicants			Please complete an online application, submit a cover letter, a resume, and a list of 3 references.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency