CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) Program Coordinator
Flexible schedule as required by the needs of the position. Coordinator duties are limited to 15 hours per week. Additional hours for providing class instruction may be available, dependent on licensures.
The CNA Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and oversight of the Certified Nurse Aide Training Program. The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining curriculum according to currently prevailing standards, scheduling classes, assigning instructors and ensuring that programs meet accreditation requirements. The Coordinator may be responsible for assisting with the establishment of new training or clinical sites which may include off-site training, as directed by the College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day to day oversight of the Nurse Aide Program and classes.
- Ensure that curriculum is followed and objectives are met.
- Maintain all program and student records in compliance with state regulations and college policy.
- Complete State Monitor Booklet and host accreditation visits.
- Track and order materials and supplies.
- Establish clinical education sites and act as an intermediary among the appropriate parties to facilitate the acquisition of clinical education agreements.
- Create class schedules and assign faculty.
- Assist in the hiring of faculty and marketing of the program as assigned.
- Communicate news, current information, and changes influenced by accreditation among all concerned stakeholders. Maintain current knowledge of the educational program requirements, the clinical education sites, and health care changes affecting clinical practice and education.
- Ensure that all clinical instructors and students are in compliance with the site-specific requirements for the site to which they are assigned.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities, but does work collaboratively with instructors and support staff in the Healthcare Career Programs, occasionally providing guidance or direction to those employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Nurse Aide Certification or Associate’s degree in a Healthcare-related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a medical office or in a healthcare or educational setting.
- Current unrestricted RN or LPN license
- One or more years of experience as a nurse in a long-term care facility
- Experience working with accredited programs
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: Teaching the Educator Certification (PA Department of Education) will be required for this position and strong preference will be given to candidates who have already attained this certification. RACC will provide the funding to obtain this certification with the provision that it must be obtained within three months of hire.
Other Qualifications: An equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be considered.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn, follow, and enforce college policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of trends, developments, new technologies affecting nursing and health career programs.
- Knowledge of curriculum and program development.
- Skill in current technologies and word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software, specifically Microsoft Office applications.
- Skill in instructing students from diverse cultures and/or backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently while contributing to team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner.
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems and to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive information.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a diverse student population.
Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, faculty, staff, outside groups and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to use Internet software, spreadsheet software and word processing software. The individual must be willing and able to learn other software programs that will be required to perform the essential duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) Program Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly