Business and Professional Development Specialist
Send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references from past supervisors, to [email protected]
Please indicate the job code CTS-BPDS2 in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.Background Check
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
Job Details Title: Business and Professional Development Specialist Announce date: 03/11/2019 Apply by date: 03/27/2019 Application status: Currently Interviewing Position type: Part-time Salary: $21.639 per hour Working Hours:
Consists of a 25-hour work week Monday through Friday. Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and the employee prior to the onset of employment.Travel Requirements:
Frequent local travel is required; employee needs access to ready transportation.Summary:
The Business and Professional Development Specialist will support Career Training, Community Education, & Professional development activities by promoting and selling career training programs and professional development opportunities to regional businesses and community members. The Business and Professional Development Specialist will work with the Director to identify community needs and develop and deliver courses and programs as needed. This is a high impact position which requires an individual who is skilled at conducting needs assessments, networking, and building partnerships. The Business and Professional Development Specialist reports directly to the Director, Career Training, Community Education & Professional Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands, identifies and anticipates the diverse career training and professional development needs of the local business community as well as the general public.
- Researches and recommends to the Director, Career Training, Community Education & Professional Development new programs/services that have potential to increase enrollment and sales revenue.
- Responsible for identifying, developing, and promoting current and new programs, certifications, and professional development to support business and industry in the local community. [Course and/or program curriculum development will be compensated above and beyond the base wage rate on a project by project basis. For each project, a Statement of Work will be agreed upon between the employee, the Federation, and management prior to the development of such curriculum.]
- Responsible for coordination and promotion of the Auctioneering Program. Additional programs may be assigned as necessary.
- In coordination with Marketing, assists in the development of materials and resources to promote programs in the department.
- Prepares and submits monthly, annual, and periodic reports including fiscal data, as required.
- Coordinates and participates in recruitment events hosted in the community or by the College.
- Represents as needed the College at various training, civic, educational, and professional meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Career Training, Community Education & Professional Development
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in education, marketing, business management or related field required.
Three years’ of program and curriculum development, workforce development, workforce training, or related experience required. Outside sales experience required.
Master’s degree in education, marketing, business management or related field.
Community college experience. Bilingual Spanish/English.Other Skills and Abilities:
Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
Outstanding one to one and small group presentation skills.Communication Skills:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write proposals, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, instructors, college officials, officials of business and industry and the general public.Mathematical Skills:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.