SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE COACH
SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE COACH
Posting Number: SRGV3731
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Scope of Job:
Responsible for assisting Head Coach with operations, services and activities associated with the program and student-athletes, including recruiting of student-athletes, fiscal management, travel, inventory, marketing, community involvement and volleyball duties related to practice and games.
Description of Duties:
• Assists with the identification, recruitment and selection of quality student-athletes and maintains contact with prospective student-athletes.
• Develops and maintains a diverse and comprehensive network of contacts to successfully recruit nationally and internationally.
• Serves as liaison between sport supervisor including facilities, marketing and promotions, game operations, ticket and media relations.
• Assists with the development of marketing strategies for recruiting prospective student-athletes and community engagement.
• Assists with alumni and community relations and outreach.
• Manages all logistics of team travel and coordinates, organizes and collaborates with vendors regarding team travel, meal arrangements, and team practice sites.
• Monitors student-athletes’ academic progress, performance and retention to support graduation.
• Oversees day to day expenses and develops projections as it relates to the volleyball budgeting process.
• Coordinates all aspects of prospective athlete official visits, coaches recruiting travel, recruiting weekends, and overall recruiting coordination within NCAA bylaws.
• Organizes and maintains accurate inventory of volleyball equipment and uniforms.
• Oversees marketing, outreach and administrative duties for camp activities.
• Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and commitment to University, NCAA, and WAC compliance rules and regulations.
• Tracks prospects and current student athletes in NCAA Clearinghouse, with NCAA certification, with NCAA satisfactory progress, and with individual student athlete eligibility.
• Assist with the organization and planning of practice and competitive strategies.
Guidance from assigned supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree Business Related.
Three (3) years of collegiate and/or professional level coaching or playing experience.
NCAA Division 1 Experience.
Personal computer and standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment. Travel is required. Extended hours on weekends and evening are required.
• Understand and adhere to all policies and procedures of the University, Conference and the NCAA. Assume complete responsibility to ensure that the student-athletes conduct themselves in an appropriate manner in accordance with NCAA policies.
• Understand that violation(s) of NCAA rules could result in sanctions being placed against the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the University.
• Attend regularly scheduled compliance meetings to maintain knowledge of current and recently established policies.
• Have familiarity and knowledge of NCAA Division I rules required as part of job duties.
• Ability to exhibit integrity with high ethical standards and strict adherence to NCAA, conference, university and departmental rules and regulations as well as solid commitment to academic integrity, student-athlete welfare, ethnic diversity and gender equity.
• Possess excellent organizational skills and have attention to detail.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/22/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20306
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency