Faculty, Nursing- Medical/Surgical
DescriptionFull-time tenure track position in the Division of Nursing and Allied Health to teach in all areas of the Nursing Program. Responsibilities include teaching and evaluating students in class, laboratory, and clinical settings in all areas of the Associate Degree Nursing Program and participation in College activities and committees. May include assignment of courses in related areas and support courses.
Examples of Duties
- Maintain current license as a Registered Nurse in New Jersey.
- Instruct and evaluate in all areas of Nursing in an Associate Degree program. May include teaching in related college courses.
- Develop and update course syllabi and related materials to reflect contemporary Nursing including evidenced based practice.
- Collaborate with other faculty in the development of effective teaching/learning and retention strategies.
- Actively participate in the assessment, implementation and evaluation of the Nursing Program.
- Contribute to and/or generate reports and supportive materials for accrediting agencies
- Implement the philosophy, mission, learning outcomes, curriculum, and policies of the Division of Nursing and Allied Health and the College.
- Maintain necessary academic records and submit records according to published deadlines.
- Demonstrate fairness and flexibility in interactions with a diverse student population.
- Assist in the acquisition of related instructional materials and supplies.
- Participate in College governance and operations through Division and College committees.
- Contribute to the community as a representative of the College.
- Fulfill campus-wide responsibilities.
- Maintain professional competence by participating in on-going clinical practice, continuing education, professional conferences, research, and writing relevant to faculty responsibilities.
- Work effectively with others
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited institution
- Current valid license as a Registered Nurse. NJ Registered Nurse license required upon employment in the position
- Minimum of 2 years recent medical surgical clinical experience in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated leadership and teaching experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Commitment to the community college mission including addressing the needs of a diverse student population
- Ability to design and implement successful pedagogical strategies for students exhibiting a broad range of abilities
- Utilization of innovative teaching methods incorporating technology, including on-line resources
- Commitment and ability to utilize instructional strategies to promote student recruitment, retention, and success
- Ability to help students adjust to the college academic community
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with students, colleagues, administration, and the community
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Dedication to improving college course offerings by active participation in curriculum processes, including outcomes assessment
- Demonstrate the ability to work successfully with others
- Commitment to campus life by participation in college sponsored activities and functions
- Involvement with College Committees and Task Forces
- Proven commitment to scholarly achievement and professional growth
- Participation in community service
- Earned Doctorate in a related area
- Clinical experience in a variety of settings
- Experience in teaching nursing students and/or healthcare professionals
- Current knowledge of associate degree nursing and teaching methodologies
- Experience in outcomes assessment and program evaluation methodologies
- Familiarity with community college education
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.