Reference Clerk - Grade 11
Reference Clerk - Grade 11
Jan 2, 2019
The Reference Clerk, under the general oversight of the Pratt Institute Libraries Head of Public Services, assumes the responsibility of the day-to-day operations of the Reference department of the Brooklyn campus library. Under moderate supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment, the Reference Clerk provides support in the Public Services Department, including reference, circulation, interlibrary loan, and consortial lending services, and library outreach activities.
The successful candidate for this position will support the Pratt Institute Libraries’ vision of education, demonstrating commitment to the advancement of diversity and inclusion in our teaching, research, educational support, and community values.
The Pratt Institute Libraries support the research and education of approximately 4,800 undergraduate and graduate students of the internationally recognized Pratt Institute across campuses in Brooklyn and Manhattan. The libraries assist patrons with the study of many areas of art, design, architecture, information studies, and other fields of academic inquiry and creative work.
Work Schedule: M-F, 8:00am-4:00pm
- Oversee operations of a service desk, providing reference assistance, direction and general information to library users.
- Assist researchers with access to the Pratt Libraries’ collections, while maintaining patron confidentiality.
- Assist with the training and supervision of graduate assistants and student employees.
- Coordinate scheduling of Reference Desk coverage. Assist Head of Public Services with administration of reference services.
- Page materials from closed stacks areas (i.e. retrieve materials from thesis and special collections).
- Maintain Reference Desk statistics.
- Support the Department of Public Services and the Libraries.
- Perform regular library opening and/or closing procedures. Work during evening or weekend hours in case of emergency.
- Assist with circulation services as needed.
- Participate in libraries outreach activities.
- Assist Head of Public Services with library public service activities.
- Provide interlibrary Loan (ILL) and consortial related services.
- Process and fulfill interlibrary loan and Connect New York borrowing and lending requests.
- Maintain interlibrary loan and Connect New York borrowing and lending statistics.
- Manage transfer of materials between Pratt Institute campuses.
- Prepare and implement Electronic Reserves Services.
- Coordinate the submission of student theses into the library’s permanent collections.
- Process and prepare thesis submissions for library collections.
- Prepare items for binding and keep records of theses submitted to the bindery.
- In collaboration with the Head of Public Services, assess, implement, update, communicate and publicize thesis submission policies and procedures.
Salary: $41,960.88 + benefits. This is an OPEIU Local 153-Technical position.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Experience with standard office activities, procedures, systems, and tools; customer service experience a plus. Experience working in a library or information service context preferred.
Knowledge and Skills: Working knowledge of computer systems and applications; the ability to work precisely on detail oriented information; excellent organizational skills; good interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on customer service. Knowledge of library related systems and workflows preferred.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.