Jan 9, 2019
Pratt Athletics and Recreation is looking for a Spin/Cycle Instructor to teach and guide classes on the Pratt Institute Campus. Our goal is to continue the development and wellness of the Pratt community through fitness, sport, and mindfulness.
- Design, instruct, and innovate classes to a wide range of users and participants (as well as interested patrons).
- Contribute to our growing fitness community by maintaining, developing, assisting, encouraging, correcting and challenging our class participants (students, faculty, staff, and community members) through their spinning experience.
- Represent and promote fitness and wellness through spinning, cycling and movement.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Outgoing personality, excellent communication, enthusiastic attitude and superb empathy and passion for wellness.
- At least one year of successful experience leading classes.
- Superior customer service skills and professionalism.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of safe practice as well as the ability to modify exercise programs in the interest of equality, ability, and interest.
- Responsible in finding qualified substitutes in their place due to any unforeseen circumstances that may occur.
- Current APR/AED certification (or must become certified).
- Must be available for early morning and/or evening classes and times.
- Current national recognized group exercise certification (AFAA, ACE, IFTA, NETA); specialty certifications where appropriate (i.e. Spinning, Pilates, Yoga).
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.