Executive Director, Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship
Posting Date January 10, 2019 Position Title Executive Director, Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship Vacancy # V-1582 Department Feliciano School of Business Division Academic Affairs Job Description
Reporting to the Dean of the Feliciano School of Business (FSofB), the Executive Director provides leadership for the Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship (FCE) and its programs, activities and partnerships. He/she is charged with stewardship of the Center’s ecosystem, which includes the regional entrepreneurial community, international women’s entrepreneurship partners, other universities and school systems, as well as public and private business and non-profit entities. The Executive Director insures that the Center and its offerings serve the needs and interests of internal stakeholders - students, faculty, staff and alumni - from across the University, while actively identifying and engaging external supporters and collaborators.Qualifications & Requirements
- Work with the Dean to develop a clear vision for the growth and evolution of the FCE.
- Lead the development of new initiatives that align with the strategic priorities of the Feliciano School of Business (FSofB), the University and the FCE.
- Seek out and secure high profile entrepreneurial talent to support the programs and offerings of the FCE through advisement, teaching, development, promotion and/or donation.
- Help to secure funding for support of FCE operations and/or special programs and events.
- Insure the ongoing success of Women’s Entrepreneurship Week and the annual Pitch Competition.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Center, including staff and budget management, communications and public relations.
- Work with academic departments and the Dean’s office to ensure the delivery of a high quality, relevant academic programs and offerings.
- Work with faculty to ensure that curriculum is continually refreshed to enhance the student experience.
- Work with Center, School and University staff to plan and execute community-based meet-ups and events.
- Work with local, regional and international entities to identify and facilitate opportunities for collaboration
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- A substantial track record (at least ten years) of successful senior leadership and team management.
- Excellent, demonstrable communications skills.
- Possession of a robust and active network of business and entrepreneurial colleagues or contacts that may be leveraged for the growth and evolution of the FCE.
- Must be well-versed in the changes that are impacting (or are likely to impact) the economy, with a keen understanding of the technological and global forces that are disrupting and reshaping business models.
- Must understand employment trends and the skills that will be needed to survive and thrive in the future.
- Must be able to articulate how future-facing skills may be taught or accessed through the innovation framework and ecosystem of the FCE and university resources.
- Graduate degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in a business discipline.
- Experience within the higher education sector, especially in program or center development and management.
- Experience as an entrepreneur or working with start-ups and new ventures.
(include vacancy # if above)
When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).