Posting Date January 11, 2019 Position Title Program Associate Vacancy # V-1577 Department Center for Career Services Division Academic Affairs Job Description
The Program Associate provides administrative support for the Center for Career Services by interfacing with students, employers, faculty, staff, parents and community members. Additionally, this individual would assist with scheduling appointments, meetings, processing invoices, managing vendors and event planning.
Reporting to the Director of The Center for Career Services, the Program Associate will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day operations of the unit. Required responsibilities entail:
- Exemplary customer service to students, alumni, employers, faculty, staff and members of the community by acting as first point of contact for the Center’s staff
- Financial Management System-purchasing, invoice vendor management, payment follow-up, budget transfers to College/School career offices, as well as other Center expenses
- Consistently communicate via phone and email ensuring that all responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered in a timely manner
- Remain informed and communicate to stakeholders about upcoming events including, but not limited to, career fairs, workshops, off-campus employer visits and employer information sessions
- Schedule meetings, book rooms, catering and follow-up for all aspects of interface with internal and external constituents
- Generate monthly reports of Center’s activities, monitor deadlines and update information in related databases
- Track/order supplies, troubleshoot facilities, equipment issues/needs
- Monitor Center’s main email account and phone line, then escalate issues and questions to appropriate staff member
- Support the On-campus Student Employment Program with regard to policy enforcement, The Outstanding Student Employee Awards and annual Supervisor’s Workshop Series
- Material preparation, registration support and assistance during meetings and events
- Assist with the maintenance of social media accounts
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 1 year of related experience, preferably in higher education
- The successful incumbent must possess excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- S/He will be able to set goals and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and work successfully under pressure.
- The Program Associate will be a team-player, as well as able to work independently, while exhibiting excellent judgement and discretion and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- S/He must have strong organizational skills and have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- 2-3 years related experience, preferably in higher education.
- Experience utilizing social media, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn; Knowledge of Symplicity, Banner, 25Live, Workday and PeopleSoft.
(include vacancy # if above)
When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).